kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals: 36.2 M ALIEN: COVENANT | 34.7 M GOTG II | 11.7 M EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING

3 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I hope Covenant does well enough for a sequel.

I think it will. It's opening in a ton of territories this weekend. I'd say if it hits at least 275-300mWW, ALIEN: AWAKENING should be good to go. I hope anyway... I want to see the conclusion of this story and how it flows into Alien.

Edited by Cookson
  • Like 1

• Community Manager
Just now, Tele Came Back said:

That would test me badly. He'd better be in every scene.

:lol:

If Tom Hardy was in a Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie as some kind of hard-ass principal, would you watch that? :ph34r:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jessie said:

Sorry but he's right. Alien really isn't that big today, its just well known. 200m adjusted is not what i'd consider 'massive', they were big and well remembered but they werent big enough to gurantee huge hits still to this day, its no wonder prometheus was bigger than covenant, the story and trailers were more accessible to non fans 

The comment I was responding to claimed that "this franchise was never that big" It wasn't restricted to today where utter rubbish like Transformers/F&F/Pirates rule the roost. 

That is patently false. The first one clearly falls under the category of "massive" and the second one was clearly pretty darned big. Moreover, these movies did extremely well in Europe & Japan back in the day. Even Prometheus, a relative disappointment made over $400M worldwide. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Tele cries when he sees Tom Hardy cry. Tele doesn't want to deal with that every time he sees that emoji.

Oops!  I thought it was a cringe, not a cry--- I think we need a cringe emoji...

6 hours ago, Tele Came Back said:

Isn't a 7-8% bump (from true Fri to Sat) pretty small? I know PROMETHEUS dropped but that feels like a market correction from the anticipation -- which doesn't seem present this time around.

Maybe. This one has had earlier previews though so will add some front-loading and also is a sequel.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Alien and Predator crossovers works well in comics but I think it's best to keep them as separate franchises. 

I think my favorite Alien / Predator related crossovers (non Alien / Predator) are Batman Vs. Predator & Green Lantern Vs. Aliens. Both are a lot of fun to read, although GL vs. Aliens does get really dark near the end.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Wimpy Kid is a weekend title so it'll thrive in the afternoon on Saturday and Sunday. I guess the budget is low so Fox will make a profit anyway.

Still not enough to greenlight another Wimpy Kid film I'd imagine. 

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

Still not enough to greenlight another Wimpy Kid film I'd imagine. 

Not just another.  Ten more.  I read something earlier on here that is was matching GOTG on Friday.  Wimpy could pull 30M+

• Like 1