kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals: 36.2 M ALIEN: COVENANT | 34.7 M GOTG II | 11.7 M EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING

6 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

I think my favorite Alien / Predator related crossovers (non Alien / Predator) are Batman Vs. Predator & Green Lantern Vs. Aliens. Both are a lot of fun to read, although GL vs. Aliens does get really dark near the end.

I need to read those!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

Not just another.  Ten more.  I read something earlier on here that is was matching GOTG on Friday.  Wimpy could pull 30M+

I've heard it's already breaking box office records around the world. Expect to see the next film have Wimpy Kid go into space. He's huge!

3 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I need to read those!!

I highly recommend both. JLA vs. Predator was another good one. It was finally reprinted just a few months ago in the Justice League Volume 2 trade paperback (dark horse / DC).

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I've never played Superman 64 but it look horrendous from the YouTube videos.

Superman 64 is awful. Wonky controls & some of the levels are near impossible. Plus flying through rings are frigging everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

it's sort of a cringy-smirk...

:jeb!: 

On 12/03/2017 at 2:18 PM, 4815162342 said:

Really? I saw the Butler once as forced smiling but internally dying inside

On 12/03/2017 at 2:19 PM, CoolioD1 said:

i think the butler one is best used for jokes that bomb. that's how i see it. i can't even remember the joke he was reacting to, but it was a joke at an awards show, so it wasn't a good one.

These are the true, accurate takes on it.

I would know because I made the emoji.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

ldbWK_s-200x150.gif

Britney-Spears-Cringe-Face.gif

denzel.jpg

any of those would do, but the best imho are the first and third.  Good choices!!!

(the second would depend on where you froze the frame...)

Edited by trifle
  • Like 2

Really thought GOTG was going to have better WOM than this, especially with two weak weekends for competition. Next weekend actually does have direct competition. Maybe late legs will be better, but still surprised.

Mid 30's doesn't surprise me for AC. The hype was significantly less than Prometheus'. 

Edited by MovieMan89

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Really thought GOTG was going to have better WOM than this, especially with two weak weekends for competition. Next weekend actually does have direct competition. Maybe late legs will be better, but still surprised.

Mid 30's doesn't surprise me for AC. The hype was significantly less than Prometheus'. 

GOTG2 had the the best 2nd weekend drop for an MCU sequel. MD Sunday helped but even without MD if you shave a couple million off and use a 63 2nd weekend instead of 65, it would still have been a 57% weekend drop, just like Winter Soldier (opposed to 59%+ of AOU and CW).

If Friday is 8m as Deadline says, it could well lead to 31-32 weekend opposed to 30.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

GOTG2 legs have been solid so far....in fact better than last Marvel fims. 

Alien Covenant is definitely over 40m OW with that Friday.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I wonder why you say this? GOTG Vol. 2 fell 55.5% in its second weekend, on par with the original GOTG (which dropped 55.3%), and which is the best second weekend drop for any MCU sequel. And we don't really know how it will be doing this weekend yet, as all we have to work on still are Deadline's insanely early Friday projections/stabs-in-the-dark. It seems too early to be saying that WOM or legs for GOTG Vol. 2 aren't strong - we don't really know yet.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 8