kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals: 36.2 M ALIEN: COVENANT | 34.7 M GOTG II | 11.7 M EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Alien faces competition every single weekend and will certainly begin bleeding theaters fast by the fourth weekend. Never gonna get a chance to develop good legs.

kind of funny they originally had it opening in August and had the whole month to itself but then they felt they wanted a challenge and moved it up to a place with more competition 

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

kind of funny they originally had it opening in August and had the whole month to itself but then they felt they wanted a challenge and moved it up to a place with more competition 

Really stupid move! August is like a highway, Covenant could have dominated that entire month! 

I really want this film to succeed. There can never be too many Alien movies in my world! 

Edited by PPZVGOS

Watched Live By Night, and Hidden Figures tonight. 

Live By Night has good sets and keeps up at its time period. But the film had no substance to it, and for Ben Affleck this has been the weakest performances I've seen him in since Runner Runner. The rest of the performances were forgettable.

Hidden Figures, I wasn't sure about my thoughts on it but now I liked it but didn't care for the math stuff. 

PTHEUS also had a B score so B for ALIENC is not surprising.

Considering that one did 2.5x, 2.4x for ALIENC is still possible but I think 2.35x is more likely.

41/2.35x gives 96 dom.

Edited by a2knet

9 minutes ago, a2knet said:

PTHEUS also had a B score so B for ALIENC is not surprising.

Considering that one did 2.5x, 2.4x for ALIENC is still possible but I think 2.35x is more likely.

41/2.35x gives 96 dom.

AC has Memorial to soft next weekend drop. I see it reaching barely the 100m mark, a run similar to ID Resurgence 

WOW EVERYTHING FUCKING BOMBED AT MY THEATRE TONIGHT HOLY SHIT THIS IS ACTUALLY FUNNY.

EVERYTHING EVERYTHING 2.9M

ALIEN LESS THAN 5M I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT HAPPENED

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

Really stupid move! August is like a highway, Covenant could have dominated that entire month! 

I really want this film to succeed. There can never be too many Alien movies in my world! 

Is AC good in your opinion?

Edited by grey ghost

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

WOW EVERYTHING FUCKING BOMBED AT MY THEATRE TONIGHT HOLY SHIT THIS IS ACTUALLY FUNNY.

Small town?

Suburbs?

Big city?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, picores said:

AC has Memorial to soft next weekend drop. I see it reaching barely the 100m mark, a run similar to ID Resurgence 

Yeah, IDR like dom is possible.

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Small town?

Suburbs?

Big city?

Smallish, and I shouldn't have expected much anyways. We don't have a big horror market at all, which is why Split was such a surprise.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I might be eating a big ol' heaping scoop of crow.  Shit does not look good at all.  

• Like 8

Just now, grey ghost said:

Which is around how much?

(I'm feeling lazy atm :qotd:)

$103M. If A:C hits only $40M this weekend (or maybe less, judging from EmpireCity's post), I don't see it hitting that. Even with Memorial Day next week, it's facing much more competition than Prometheus. Here was the top 4 in Prometheus's second weekend 

TW LW Title (click to view) Studio Weekend Gross % Change Theater Count / Change Average Total Gross Budget* Week #
1 1 Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted P/DW $34,055,474 -43.5% 4,263 +5 $7,989 $119,006,006 $145 2
2 2 Prometheus Fox $20,712,174 -59.4% 3,442 +46 $6,017 $89,370,301 $130 2
3 N Rock of Ages WB (NL) $14,437,269 - 3,470 - $4,161 $14,437,269 $75 1
4 N That's My Boy Sony $13,453,714 - 3,030 - $4,440 $13,453,714 $70 1
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Is AC good in your opinion?

Because I really love these movies, I am still deliberating on it. I will re-watch it on Tuesday and only then come out with a definitive verdict. Only recently, I was really disappointed with GV2 on first viewing, but came out very positive after the 2nd. 

But, since I don't want to cop out on your question completely, I will say this. If you are a fan, then this is definitely good but not at the level of the two first movies (both outright masterpieces IMO) It just needed a bit more subtlety, but studios are so anxious to make these movies accessible to general and international audiences, that they become too self-explanatory and even a bit vulgar at times. But there are some beautiful concepts and scenes in this movie, that's for sure. Fassbender is also a genius of an actor. 

• Like 1