kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals: 36.2 M ALIEN: COVENANT | 34.7 M GOTG II | 11.7 M EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING

Nice to see the movie performing well right now. I didn't think the movie was great (I gave it a 7/10) and I liked Prometheus much more but I do wanna see a sequel. I like the ideas it brings up and the visuals are astonishing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jandrew said:

AvP adjusts to $55m with no 3D. Covenant has 13 years inflation, Ridley Scott, and #SheWontGoQuietly and probably wont match.

Sad!

I agree. The standards for the once glorious Alien franchise should be much higher! 

Ridley Scott (well past his prime, in fact imo, Scott has produced two masterpieces and not much else) was not the right man for this. A great director is needed to pull this off. There's a real dearth of directorial talent in Hollywood right now. 

Edit: Fincher, Villeunueve and maybe Raimi are the only people that could restore this property to its former glory. 

Edited by PPZVGOS

4 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

I agree. The standards for the once glorious Alien franchise should be much higher! 

Ridley Scott (well past his prime, in fact imo, Scott has produced two masterpieces and not much else) was not the right man for this. A great director is needed to pull this off. There's a real dearth of directorial talent in Hollywood right now. 

Edit: Fincher, Villeunueve and maybe Raimi are the only people that could restore this property to its former glory. 

Fincher won't come close to Alien again.

Villeunueve would most likely be a home run tho.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Alien and Predator crossovers works well in comics but I think it's best to keep them as separate franchises. 

For me, the most obvious no-brainer way to make a successful AvP movie would basically be Predators with xenomorphs or Aliens with predators.

4 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

The best crossover comic ever is the Xenomorph and Jesus living together as roommates. 

Sounds like something Ridley Scott would adapt. There's hope yet!

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Covenant is movie of the year. Pack it up folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question: How much should I see of the series before I jump into this? The movie looks hella dope, but I don't want to get lost during it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jandrew said:

That was actually sarcasm.

Well, I was being serious. I just love the first 2 "Alien" movies so much, that I want this franchise to revive and reach its full potential once again. I also think that this can be done, but only with the right director. Oh, and AvP adjusts to $49.6M in 2017 USD (cumulative rate of inflation since 2004 has been 29.4%) 

@grey ghost Why would Fincher never touch this franchise again? He is now a household name and he would possibly have the freedom to do his own thing. Back in 1993, he was a young dude that only directed some stupid commercials.