kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals: 36.2 M ALIEN: COVENANT | 34.7 M GOTG II | 11.7 M EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Zemeckis made The Walk which cost $40m visually impressive as well. 

The rendering of CGI 70's New-York for The Walk was calculated in the Cloud which allowed to reduce massively the costs of the VFX for this movie.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

So 4.5M for Previews and a possible 45M Weekend?? Not bad coming off a movie like PROMETHEUS that wasn't very well received... Still if the movie cost 150M to make, it would come up short domestic wise..

The budget is only 97M.

• Like 1

Just now, The Futurist said:

The rendering of CGI 70's New-York for The Walk was calculated in the Cloud which allowed to reduce massively the costs of the VFX for this movie.

The actual walk itself is the real highlight for me, I saw it in 2D and felt uneasy, can't imagine what it was like in 3D!

I just got out of alien Covenant and I was disappointed with it. But from a strictly box-office standpoint if my theater is any barometer for how it will do this weekend it will definitely do over 50. The first showing of the day was 95% sold out. There was one roll left at the bottom of the theater.

What happens if a Predator and an alien have a baby? This is what Fox is leading up to.  The Fox epic Alien vs Predator shared a universe. 

Predator 

Predator 2

Alien vs Predator 

Aliens vs Predators: Requiem 

The Predator  2016

Prometheus

Alien: Covenant

Alien: Sequel to covanrt 

Alien

Aliens

Alien 3

Alien Resurrection 

New Predator 

New Alien

Alien vs Predator 3

Alien-Predator crossbreed 

1 hour ago, PPZVGOS said:

Well, I know I'm in an extremely small minority here, but I don't think those movies are that good. OK, maybe I will concede on Thelma & Louise. But! Gladiator starts really strongly, then goes into cliche overdrive. American Gangster is "meh", Black Hawk Down is turgid beyond belief and The Martian is cheesier than 2lbs of cheddar.

But your opinion on a movie doesn't Define someone's career. I mean Gladiator is one of the most phenomenal films of the last 20 years. And it's not just one person's opinion so just because you don't like Ridley Scott's work doesn't mean his career is a disappointment. I don't necessarily think Orson Welles is a great filmmaker but his career is definitely a phenomenal one. My opinion means nothing.

• Like 8

http://deadline.com/2017/05/alien-covenant-diary-of-a-wimpy-kid-everything-everything-box-office-previews-1202097673/

Matinee numbers are starting to come in and industry watchers are revising estimates on the three new pictures out this weekend. Remember, these are early numbers so we are ticker-taping it. First up, is Ridley Scott’s Alien: Covenant which had a production budget of about $110M. The three-day currently looks to be in the range of $41M to $42M with the third weekend of Disney/Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 estimated to take in around $30M which would bring its domestic total to $296.7M.

Meanwhile, MGM/Warner Bros.’ female teen-targeted film Everything, Everything is holding in line with earlier estimates of right around $10M to $12M for the weekend, with some trackers showing it possibly slipping a little.

Fox’s other offering in the marketplace, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul — which will see most of its business over the family going movie days of Saturday and Sunday, is very soft today and estimates are being taken down a notch. So maybe $3.2M today for an $9M to $11M weekend.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

For some reason, Deadline has decided to use the boxart of Alien Colonial Marines in their article. Brilliant.

Alientrex.gif

funny. I was just reading the Wikipedia page of this game and apparently it is considered one of the worst games ever made. 

• Like 5

41 with 2.4x take it close to 100.

With 20% drop on Sat and 23% on Sun, Fri has to be 17 for 41+
17 + 13.6 (-20%) + 10.5 (-23%) = 41.1

Giving A:C a better Sat drop than PTHEUS's -25% cause PTHEUS's Fri was probably inflated due to no schools in June.

A:C's Sat drop could be better. At the same time giving A:C a worse Sun hold than PTHEUS's -15% for the same reason.