kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals: 36.2 M ALIEN: COVENANT | 34.7 M GOTG II | 11.7 M EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

funny. I was just reading the Wikipedia page of this game and apparently it is considered one of the worst games ever made. 

Eh. It's nowhere near as bad as something like Sonic 06 or Superman 64.

Also Isolation was pretty great

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

funny. I was just reading the Wikipedia page of this game and apparently it is considered one of the worst games ever made. 

It is shockingly incompetent. Alien: Isolation is life, tho.

1 minute ago, Robertman2 & Knuckles said:

I've never played Superman 64 but it look horrendous from the YouTube videos.

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

So yeah, not the biggest Alien Covenant fan but yeah, James Franco was phenomenal in this.

I hear he got paid by the hour.

5 minutes ago, Robertman2 & Knuckles said:

Alien Isolation is awesome. The story isn't brilliant, but the setup and gameplay make it an excellent palette cleanser from whatever Ridley Scott is doing with the franchise.

Edited by Biggestgeekever

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

7 minutes ago, Robertman2 & Knuckles said:

there's a guy named ProtonJon that started a Let's Play of Superman 64 back in 2010 and he is STILL not done with it seven years later. 

That midnight number is only okay to me, IMO. It did barely more than Prometheus despite #fiveextrahours, five years of inflation, and being a sequel with more limited appeal. Then again, Promethesus did have 3D and June. This is a very frontloaded franchise. Probably should do about 40m based on that number. 

14 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

So yeah, not the biggest Alien Covenant fan but yeah, James Franco was phenomenal in this.

Youre hilarious.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

14 minutes ago, John Marston said:

there's a guy named ProtonJon that started a Let's Play of Superman 64 back in 2010 and he is STILL not done with it seven years later. 

It's awful. So so so bad. I have a copy of it too. The N64 controller makes it worse

Edited by Robertman2 & Knuckles

There is a small chance it misses 40 with 16.5 od...barely

[4.2 + 12.3] 16.5  + 13.2 (-20%) + 10.05 (-23.9%) = 39.75

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

What are the chances that like last 2 weekends, GOTG2 will rise over FSS from the projection of 30:

CIVIL WAR did 8.6 on 3rd Fri for a 32.9 weekend.

GOTG2 is 8 on 3rd Fri according to Deadline. Same Sat and Sun holds will give it 30.6 3rd weekend.

With a little better Sat and Sun holds than CIVIL WAR it could do 31-32.

Unsurprisingly smaller OD than Prometheus, which will probably lead to a more backloaded Saturday (but a still visibly smaller OW overall). Still, 40M+ is almost a given at this point.

@Blankments, you may take another one to the bank (of 40M+ OW's this year), cause the record is going motherfuckin' down :P

41 minutes ago, a2knet said:

What are the chances that like last 2 weekends, GOTG2 will rise over FSS from the projection of 30:

CIVIL WAR did 8.6 on 3rd Fri for a 32.9 weekend.

GOTG2 is 8 on 3rd Fri according to Deadline. Same Sat and Sun holds will give it 30.6 3rd weekend.

With a little better Sat and Sun holds than CIVIL WAR it could do 31-32.

Why are we still trying to run GOTG V2's trajectory w/Civil War as the lead comparision? Their runs have been hugely different so far. CW was much more frontloaded; Guardians is playing like a family film. You can bet Guardians will have much stronger Sat/Sun holds than Civil War did (hell, I would hardly be surprised if its hold was better than CW's 3rd weekend of 32M).

• Like 3