MuffinMan

Mamma! Mia: Here! We! Go! Again! | July 20, 2018 | Universal | Ol Parker to write and direct | Greatest Title of All Time? Yes.

4 minutes ago, franfar said:

Yeah, those had bigger ROIs. First movie cost 18m and made 250m, second cost 25m and made 225m. And I can't imagine the movies being that hard to make.

But I can understand if Atkinson doesn't want to get typecasted in that role.

The Bean films did alright in the US, the first Bean did $45m total and a $12m OW when it went wide and Mr Bean's Holiday did $33m on a $9m OW. They pale in comparison to the OS grosses but compared to Johnny English, it's great

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Panda said:

Sex Tape: Here We Go Again!

The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford: Here We Go Again!

Precious: Base on Nol by Saf (Based on the Novel "Push" by Sapphire): Here We Go Again!

Oh nearly forgot

12 Years a Slave: Here We Go Again!

Edge of Tomorrow: Here We Go Again!

alternatively:

Live Die Repeat: Here We Go Again!

Edited by aabattery
you guys have no idea how proud i was of myself when i made this connection
  • Like 1

'Mamma Mia' Sequel Adds Lily James

Cinderella is heading to the magical Greek island of Kalokairi.

Baby Driver star Lily James has signed on to star in Universal's sequel to Mamma Mia, the 2008 adaptation of the stage musical based on ABBA songs that was one of the biggest hits in studio history, grossing more than $600 million worldwide. Several stars of the original film -- including Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan, Amanda Seyfried and Colin Firth -- will be returning for the sequel.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mamma-mia-sequel-adds-lily-james-1020037

Edited by MuffinMan
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Keep an eye on the UK gross for this. The first film was briefly the biggest grossing movie ever there before Avatar came along.

Yeah, it really went nuts in a lot of markets. I was putting together a chart a couple of days ago for New Zealand's all-time box office and it actually won the year in 2008 here. It's the 17th highest grossing film overall as well (chart is here). 

On 5/19/2017 at 11:43 PM, slambros said:

A moment of silence for creativity in Hollywood filmmaking...

:raining:

Over a Mamma Mia! sequel and not over the endless superhero films, superhero film reboots, toy-based sequels, films based on Disney rides, films based on animated classics, remakes of remakes of remakes and even films based on tweets?  :ph34r:

On 20/05/2017 at 1:25 AM, Jonwo said:

It'll be lucky to do half of the first, maybe less. It's My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 all over again.

Nah, at least this movie has huge stars, MBFGW was a fluke that aged badly and is not iconic or remembered, Mamma mia is.

This should do 400m WW