baumer

Wonder Woman 11.7M Monday ERC pg 3

Our two DUDES were toying with the number 12, for the Monday number in the weekend thread.  One of them mentioned Cheaper by the Dozen and Dirty Dozen.  The other liked that post.

That would be about a 60% drop and obviously a terrific number.

It also lends to the possibility that it really could fall less than 50% this weekend.  

This number could go up or down slightly.  But I feel confident in saying that 12 is where it will be (in the vicinity)

• Like 20

Well imo there is no massive huge blockbuster coming out domestically really.

Cars 3 and DM3 will likely not be that big I think and TF5 will be like Pirates 5. 

To be honest I think it will only be Spiderman that it really takes a hard hit.

So I think 2.8 Multiplier is almost certain. 

3 hours ago, MattW said:

Maleficent dropped 68% Monday, then jumped 16% tuesday.  If WW drops another 7% tomorrow it'll be at Malef's level, which had a surprising 3.4X overall

Based history, it won't drop today.  Tuesday's are just too big now.  A 20-25% jump seems likely, followed by a 35% drop on Wed.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Well imo there is no massive huge blockbuster coming out domestically really.

Cars 3 and DM3 will likely not be that big I think and TF5 will be like Pirates 5. 

To be honest I think it will only be Spiderman that it really takes a hard hit.

So I think 2.8 Multiplier is almost certain. 

Pretty sure DM3 will be huge.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think it will miss 300 million, nowhere near as buzzed about as Minions imo. 

I think it gets well over 300.  It's one of the only really big family movies this summer.  

• Like 2

I agree, I think DM3 will perform similar to Shrek 3 though with possibly a better multi.  Captain Underpants isn't doing  huge numbers to satisfy the family/kid audience. Unless Cars 3 surprises, there's a big void and demand should be strong.

18 minutes ago, Caladbolg said:

I agree, I think DM3 will perform similar to Shrek 3 though with possibly a better multi.  Captain Underpants isn't doing  huge numbers to satisfy the family/kid audience. Unless Cars 3 surprises, there's a big void and demand should be strong.

Unless like Beauty and the Beast in the spring, Wonder Woman becomes one of the family movies to fill the void...then the sky's the limit:)...

Nowadays, family usually has to mean animated, but in the way back machine, it didn't...

And great Monday number!  

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, UNDERDOG said:

When do we find out the actual number?

Later today?

How the numbers work is that there are two guys here who have access to raw numbers...in other words, they are the source that others like Guru and Deadline go to.  RTH will post them on Friday night most of the time.  The other source doesn't want to post figures anymore for personal reasons.  So if RTH gives us a number then it is usually 99% accurate.

If you want to wait for studio actuals, then you have to wait until about 3-5 pm EST.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

How the numbers work is that there are two guys here who have access to raw numbers...in other words, they are the source that others like Guru and Deadline go to.  RTH will post them on Friday night most of the time.  The other source doesn't want to post figures anymore for personal reasons.  So if RTH gives us a number then it is usually 99% accurate.

If you want to wait for studio actuals, then you have to wait until about 3-5 pm EST.  

Ah, okay.

Who's RTH? I've been seeing that name a lot.

Edited by UNDERDOG
  • Like 2

RTH is RTH.  That's all we know. :)

RTH works for a company.

RTH is from Asgard.

RTH is a verified account here.  You will notice the purple hue to his name.

The first rule about RTH is we don't ever put him as a source in the title of a numbers thread.

The second rule about RTH is we don't ever put him as a source in the title of a numbers thread.

• Like 23

Just now, baumer said:

RTH is RTH.  That's all we know. :)

RTH works for a company.

RTH is from Asgard.

RTH is a verified account here.  You will notice the purple hue to his name.

The first rule about RTH is we don't ever put him as a source in the title of a numbers thread.

The second rule about RTH is we don't ever put him as a source in the title of a numbers thread.

What's the third rule? :P