AniNate

BOT Member Meetup: Toronto, ON - September 2017

I'm planning to visit Toronto during its film festival this year which as I'm sure many of us know is one of the more prestigious (and publicly accessible) film festivals on the circuit and where a lot of films with Oscar aspirations get one of if not their first public screenings in North America. I went to TIFF before in 2014 but it was kind of a spur-of-the-moment decision and couldn't work out any personal meetups with the Torontonians on this forum ( specifically @baumer ). I think it would be a great opportunity for any of us who's able to meet each other personally and also enjoy the subject that's brought us together online. 

I don't really have any details in mind right now beyond that, but if anyone else is on board with this idea I'm sure we could work out collective times/places to meet and movies to see over the next three months.

Tagging other Torontonians I'm aware of @Jason @Lordmandeep Of course if anyone else is willing to make the trip up that would be awesome too.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 13

Tentatively my plan is to be in Toronto from the 10th through the 14th. I'm also a roller coaster enthusiast on the side and planning to hit up the three Buffalo/Niagara region parks that I haven't been to yet on the way. Probably will be leaving my car in Niagara Falls and taking a bus from there to Toronto to save on parking/gas since I don't envision needing to leave the downtown area once I'm there (I've been to Casa Loma and Canada's Wonderland already). The early premium screenings are I think going to be way out of my price range and I wouldn't be able to coordinate them with the lighter September operating schedule of said theme parks anyway.

• Like 1