AniNate

BOT Member Meetup: Toronto, ON - September 2017

4 hours ago, God Emperor Tele said:

Yes, not to nix anything, but really, if you're under 18 I think a parent would need to accompany you. 

Thanks for the advice, I was planning on asking them anyways :P

I had poutine at a place called Elephant & Castle last year which wasn't bad. But turns out it's a chain. 

My experience with downtown Toronto cuisine is mostly limited to Pizza Pizza, Tim Horton's, and some mediocre Chinese places that I don't remember the names of.

Edited by tribefan695

If this could become an annual thing that would be awesome actually. I live in the Philly area and I've been to Toronto many times so I don't mind the drive. Unfortunately this year is the year I start up school again so I won't be able to attend but I really do hope you guys have fun and this becomes a thing. 

I'm actually thinking of taking an extended trip to Michigan in August or September, Toronto is not all that far from there, considering how long I've known @baumer, it would be great to meet up, I'm not sure if I can just yet but I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility.  

Edited by Kalo

I'm not sure how the other film fests work but I think these sorts of events present the best opportunity for members on this forum to meet up, since they give people a reason to be there and also an out if the personal interactions hit a wall. 

Was debating for a little bit whether to go here or to New York's. Decided on this since it's closer and probably cheaper and more informal and I'm planning to visit NYC for a few days in August anyway.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

I would love to do this... someday. But I start college in September and Toronto is super far away. But this should honestly become an annual thing, as I would love to attend a BOT meet-up one day (one day that's hopefully soon).

4 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

I had poutine at a place called Elephant & Castle last year which wasn't bad. But turns out it's a chain. 

My experience with downtown Toronto cuisine is mostly limited to Pizza Pizza, Tim Horton's, and some mediocre Chinese places that I don't remember the names of.

Go to Gerard Street. They have a locality there called Little India. Good indian/pakistani food especially moti mahal and lahore tikka house. 

College street west (little italy) has amazing and authentic italian food and restaurants. 

For chinese go to chinatown. Good food there. 

There is also a bar opposite scotiabank theatre in downtown. Cant remember the name but its quite big with bowling and pool and other games. 

Smokehouse poutinerie in downtown has nice poutine. 

I would have loved to come too but I'm not in Toronto right now. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nova said:

If this could become an annual thing that would be awesome actually. I live in the Philly area and I've been to Toronto many times so I don't mind the drive. Unfortunately this year is the year I start up school again so I won't be able to attend but I really do hope you guys have fun and this becomes a thing. 

Maybe we should have one every three years so most people make an effort to go and have plenty of time to plan.

If you have it every year too many people might push it off for another year.

Also we should take a poll for our top locations and coinciding events for a meet up. (I'm sure Toronto and TIFF will be a top choice)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

The most challenging thing about this will probably be resisting the temptation to call everyone by their forum handles

I feel like when we've done LA meet ups it's been about 50-50 between "Tele" and my real name. :lol: 

Also amusing -- though understandable -- is everyone usually mispronouncing my full username. 

(US people usually go for teh-leh-MAH-tchos, rhyming with "nachos")

It's actually teh-LEH-mah-kohs

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

I feel like when we've done LA meet ups it's been about 50-50 between "Tele" and my real name. :lol: 

Also amusing -- though understandable -- is everyone usually mispronouncing my full username. 

(US people usually go for teh-leh-MAH-tchos, rhyming with "nachos")

Hide contents

It's actually teh-LEH-mah-kohs

We just call you telly

• Like 3