AniNate

BOT Member Meetup: Toronto, ON - September 2017

On 6/10/2017 at 2:17 PM, tribefan695 said:

It'd certainly be a lot more convenient for me to propose one in Akron. But no one wants to come here, so...

A Cedar Point meet up would be cool at some point if there would be a few people interested in that

• Like 1

Cedar Point would be great but I don't know how many here would be willing to make the trip since it's not easily connected to any airports or bus routes; let alone if they're into roller coasters and willing to pay the admission price.

Cleveland's film festival is in late March/early April and it's fun but the films there tend to be pretty low-profile.

Edited by tribefan695

34 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Cedar Point would be great but I don't know how many here would be willing to make the trip since it's not easily connected to any airports or bus routes; let alone if they're into roller coasters and willing to pay the admission price.

Cleveland's film festival is in late March/early April and it's fun but the films there tend to be pretty low-profile.

If I do move up there, I'll be getting Cedar Point season passes if you ever want to go.

• Like 1

We'll see, I guess. Honestly my summer plans are already pretty ambitious and I'm a little wary of adding anything on, especially since I'm going to have to move at the end of this month. I am planning on visiting CP in late July but it's going to be a family thing.

Edited by tribefan695

I'm probably going to be going through Buffalo to hit Niagara Falls soon.  Maybe even this weekend, but I can't say anything about the place since I've never been there :P 

• Like 1

Canada's Wonderland is pretty great too but they only operate on the weekends in September so it would be difficult to coordinate a meetup there. Plus I'd rather not need to bring my car into Toronto.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

Too bad you couldnt make TIFF 75. 

Youre definitely someone Id be happy to meet IRL.

I still may make it, just hard to get around my current job right now to make definite plans

• Like 1

Alright, I guess there is a demand for it.

I'd prefer it not be too soon though because as I said my living situation's kind of in limbo at the moment and I'll need a bit of time to get settled again before I make any more big trips. Early-mid August would be most ideal.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

It's a big theme park in Northern Ohio on Lake Erie. Tons of roller coasters. Have never been, always wanted to go.

ah, thanks

yeah, I'm not the biggest ride person, but I may do it just to meet up with some people, if I can.

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Can't commit on Cedar Point either, since I'm going to Iceland in the middle of the month/my schedule is still very much in flux, but if I'm in Upstate NY and availiable, I'd definitely be down.

Aw nuts. Iceland is on my bucket list.

I suppose I've been to Cedar Point, though :P

• Like 1