AniNate

BOT Member Meetup: Toronto, ON - September 2017

On 29/07/2017 at 6:25 AM, tribefan695 said:

I'll be getting in on the 10th which is a Sunday. Think that would be most ideal since that's the only day both Spaghetti and I would be there.

Like I said, you guys decide what day is best and I'll be there.

4 hours ago, Spaghetti of 1000 Planets said:

I think right now I'm planning for an arrival on September 9th and leave on Monday night (the 11th). Do you guys think it would be worth it to buy a pack for 6 movies in the time I'd be there?

At two movies a day that should work. I guess just allow yourself time to get to the different venues since they're spread out around downtown. 

Right now, I need to talk to my brother, but I'm planning:

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 9TH
12pm: Death of Stalin

Evening: I don't know about this one. Big Bad Fox, Good Favour, and Beyond Words all look good. Any thoughts, @Stutterng baumer Denbrough? Lodgers also looks interesting.

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH

Morning: Between Killing of a Sacred Dear and Suburbicon

6:30pm: Florida Project

9:30pm: Shorts Program

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Spaghetti of 1000 Planets said:

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 9TH

Evening: I don't know about this one. Big Bad Fox, Good Favour, and Beyond Words all look good. Any thoughts, @Stutterng baumer Denbrough? Lodgers also looks interesting.

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH

I saw Big Bad Fox at Annecy and it was hilarious. Recommended. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, iceroll said:

Has anything been finalized for the time/location of the meetup? I might be able to drop by.

@Spaghetti of 1000 Planets and I are both planning to see The Florida Project on the 10th so I think sometime either before or after the 3pm showing would be ideal.

The Loose Moose is kind of out of the way between HI Toronto where I'll be staying and the Ryerson Theatre where Florida Project is showing. Batch or The Senator Restaurant on Victoria Street look like good options.

Bannock on Bay Street also sounds good for a dinner meetup since it's on the way to the Scotiabank where the short program's showing that night. 

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

Yeah, festival schedules aren't static. They change around the times and screenings a lot; best to consult the website.

Saturday I've already committed to staying overnight in Niagara Falls. But you guys can plan something that day if you want.

Edited by tribefan695

On 8/23/2017 at 11:19 AM, Spaghetti of 1000 Planets said:

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 9TH

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH

6 hours ago, Spaghetti of 1000 Planets said:

Apparently Florida Project was at 6:30pm - what schedule are you looking at?

Florida project and Battle of the Sexes have switch slots @ the Ryerson

FP 3pm, BOTS 6pm

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rth Atmos said:

Florida project and Battle of the Sexes have switch slots @ the Ryerson

FP 3pm, BOTS 6pm

RTH, are you going to make it for the Saturday?  Text me if you want...we can set things up.

On 6/19/2017 at 2:26 AM, DamienRoc said:

Huh. I was actually in Carbondale for a couple days last year visiting a friend.

Super late on this, but damn, you should've given me a heads up. We could've seen a movie or something; that would've been chill

28 minutes ago, iceroll said:

Hmm it says "There was an issue finding a ticket for this showtime, please try again later". Is it sold out now?

They're not on sale yet. I think festival members get priority, then the package holders, then single tickets go on sale to the public at the beginning of September.

5 hours ago, iceroll said:

Hmm it says "There was an issue finding a ticket for this showtime, please try again later". Is it sold out now?

Issues with website in displaying session times, I think its been resolved

5 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

They're not on sale yet. I think festival members get priority, then the package holders, then single tickets go on sale to the public at the beginning of September.

correct, Sept 4 if you not a member of something that gets you advance of that (i.e. tickets are already on sale for some )