ZeeSoh

Wednesday Numbers : WW : 9.4

This drop is expected and falls right in line with the norm.

The overreactions won't be necessary and the only folks who will be surprised are the ones who have created these super expectations for the film. 

Should do around $48-49M second weekend and will be on its way to a $290M+ domestic finish. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 14

2 minutes ago, nomyth said:

My prediction for this weekend haven't changed at all. Wasn't a 35% drop always expected?

When you have Deadline throwing out ridiculous  $60M second weekends for a film that opened to $103M with $11M previews, you can't blame people for getting a bit carried away.

• Like 3

Close game 3 last night...thankfully, it looks like only one more to ruin WW's box office days, unless Lebron can pull off a miracle even bigger than last year...

Yesterday was the "hope" game for a turnaround and it looked like it would be, til it wasn't...so a regular 35% drop for WW is not the worst thing...and not really gonna indicate the weekend (and the loss might help since people might skip game 4 as a lost cause)...

• Like 1

Just now, EmpireCity said:

This is going to drop 55% this weekend most likely.  

It comes down to a space and math equation most of the time unless you get a film released in a not crowded time period.  

Exactly. And that 55% drop will be a very very good number and indicates really good WOM for a film of this nature and release date. It should have strong legs down the stretch. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

This is going to drop 55% this weekend most likely.  

It comes down to a space and math equation most of the time unless you get a film released in a not crowded time period.  

Where do you think this weekend's 3 openers will land? I'm starting to feel like The Mummy will open under Dracula Untold.

Edited by WrathOfHan

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Where do you think this weekend's 3 openers will land? I'm starting to feel like The Mummy will open under Dracula Untold.

Edge of Tomorrow opening is probably the best case. Thinking 21-22M

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Edge of Tomorrow opening is probably the best case. Thinking 21-22M

46 minutes ago, kswiston said:

When you have Deadline throwing out ridiculous  $60M second weekends for a film that opened to $103M with $11M previews, you can't blame people for getting a bit carried away.

Yeah, that 60M # is wacky. Don't know how they come up with that.

I still think there's a chance it comes close to 50% drop for the weekend. But my guess is that it has a slightly underwhelming Friday followed by a larger than expected Sat jump on strong Sun hold.

My (optimistic) expectation has been about

Fri - 13.76 (up about 55% over an 8.6M Thurs)

Sat - 21.33 (+55%)

Sun - 15.36 (-28%)

50.45 weekend and down just 51%

Edited by nomyth