YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Dogshit preview numbers. I expected 3M and got .34M less.

I didn't expect anything over 2, so I think this is pretty good. Even with summer weekdays inflating that number a bit, this should still be good for 30M.

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Reminder that Alien's previews were 4.2M and WOM was nowhere near as bad as The Mummy's.

You have to let Alien go.

The Mummy is a known property, but it's not really a franchise in the same way Alien is. Of course Alien would have higher previews. The Mummy probably isn't going to tank as hard over Saturday and Sunday given that presales looked low all week. That means it's more walk up based than Alien ever was and will be

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Reminder that Alien's previews were 4.2M and WOM was nowhere near as bad as The Mummy's.

Yeah, that's what happens when your movie is front-loaded. 

Just now, IronBatman said:

This movie is going to bomb and Wonder Woman is going to have an amazing hold

Accept it

Oh come on.  A 30M+ gross is far from a bomb, given its great overseas grosses it has already and its mid-sized 125M budget.

Just now, IronBatman said:

Accept it

Actually this movie isn't going to bomb (and I'm saying that as someone who certainly thought it would) and WW will still have a wonderful hold

• Like 6

1 minute ago, IronBatman said:

Accept it

The Mummy won't do gangbusters DOM, but it'll do solid #s regardless. And Cruise is a much bigger international star, so it won't bomb.

• Like 1