YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

4 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

warcraft  -  3.1m

Rarely you'll get such a frontloaded movie though. That basically only appealed to fans of the games and none else so it's not a fair comparison. I think this does over 30M.

We'll see.

• Like 3

At the same time, The Mummy‘s Thursday night is higher than Jack Reacher: Never Go Back ($1.325M at 2,850 venues), The Edge of Tomorrow ($1.8M) and Universal’s Oblivion which grossed $1.1M from midnight shows.

Edge of Tomorrow released June 6, around the same time as this film, with 28m OW. I think 30m is still on the table.

Also this weekend, A24 is opening their horror title It Comes at Night in 2,500 theaters. It made $700K last night at 2,000 theaters. The movie has been greatly embraced by critics at 85% certified fresh and could potentially hit $10M. The movie directed by Trey Edward Shults was financed by A24 for a cost of $5M.

Bleecker Street has the Kate Mara war drama Megan Leavey which industry estimates figure will gross $2M at 1,944 locations. The Gabriela Cowperthwaite-directed title currently has a 78% Rotten Tomatoes fresh score.

1 minute ago, stripe said:

Gitesh comparing this number to Kong and Alien. I would say Kong is a better example. Alien was really frontloaded.

Kong was in March though, this is in Summer.

I think around 30-32 million is what we're looking at.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

@Cochofles this is for you: 

(minor spoilers for WW, basically one of the fun scenes that's been getting buzz was mostly improv-ed):

https://twitter.com/tasharobinson/status/873185112481042434

That's Goddamn incredible and unbelievable. The scene goes for quite a while, too.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, God Emperor Tele said:

So of course I listened to the naysayers and went under 30m with the weekly questions. 

:kitschjob: 

Yep, I did the same for my Survivor game and I was already regretting it this morning before the numbers were even out.

:sadben:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UNDERDOG said:

Well, I just became a senior, so.....

Still got a year left.

That's all of us. Trust me if I was done I'd be having a nervous breakdown (well not that I'm not having a nervous breakdown but whatever)

3 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

So of course I listened to the naysayers and went under 30m with the weekly questions. 

:kitschjob: 

To be fair, it's not a good number, it just doesn't look as bad as it could've been considering how little it seems to have in its favor. $29-30M is where I see it landing.

• Like 1