baumer

WW Wednesday 6.35 (-28%)

13 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

can WW become the leggiest superhero film of all time ??? 

Not of all time, as Batman (1989) has a 6.20 multiplier, for example. But of the modern era of comic book films and of those comic book/superhero films that opened to $50+ million, yes, Wonder Woman could end up being the leggiest. It has to beat out GOTG (3.53 multiplier) and Spider-Man (3.52 multiplier).

This means Wonder Woman needs to hit ~$365 million total domestic to achieve the leggiest run. With each day passing, I get more and more confident it can reach this mark. It will likely be at a 2.60 multiplier or higher by the end of this weekend.

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 16

6 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

No, Superman 1 and II and Batman 89 had huge multis that WW won't come close to hitting. Of course those movies existed in a way different era so not a fair comparison.

• Like 5

I know that Batman  and Superman The Movie came out at very different eras in which various factors allowed for films to be way leggier than today's frontloaded blockbusters, but if Wonder Woman happened to surpass Guardians of the Galaxy's and Spider-Man's multipliers, it would be so cool and very fitting that the Trinity gets to have the three leggiest superhero movies of all time. :D 

ETA: Batman Begins had a higher multiplier than GOTG and SM, so, IF WW managed to surpass GOTG and SM, it would still keep the Trinity as the leggiest superhero film properties, I guess... not bad.

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I know that Batman  and Superman The Movie came out at very different eras in which various factors allowed for films to be way leggier than today's frontloaded blockbusters, but if Wonder Woman happened to surpass Guardians of the Galaxy's and Spider-Man's multipliers, it would be so cool and very fitting that the Trinity gets to have the three leggiest superhero movies of all time. :D 

ETA: Batman Begins had a higher multiplier than GOTG and SM, so, IF WW manged to surpass GOTG and SM, would still keep the Trinity as the leggiest superhero film properties, I guess...

Batman Begins opened on a Wednesday, so it isn't comparable.

I wish studios would end the "let's open a movie on a Tuesday/Wednesday" fad, for our sake, but alas, that's happening next week with the new Transformers movie. :P

Peace,

Mike

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

There's a good chance IMO

$39 million ($273 million)

$22 million ($313 million)

$13.5 million ($341 million)

$6 million ($354 million)

$3 million ($360 million)

$1.5 million ($363 million)

$1 million ($365 million)

$372 million DOM

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Based on my calculations 

SS and Batman vs Superman will be out grossed by the end of this month. 

It  would be amazing that the DCEU film with the lowest US OW ends up being the highest grossing. I know that this has been said again and again, but one has to wonder what a critically acclaimed Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice would have accomplished at the box office... :o 

• Like 2

Just now, Cochofles said:

It  would be amazing that the DCEU film with the lowest US OW ends up being the highest grossing. I know that this has been said again and again, but one has to wonder what a critically acclaimed Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice would have accomplished at the box office... :o 

:sparta:

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, mahnamahna said:

There's a good chance IMO

$39 million ($273 million)

$22 million ($313 million)

$13.5 million ($341 million)

$6 million ($354 million)

$3 million ($360 million)

$1.5 million ($363 million)

$1 million ($365 million)

$372 million DOM

luckily homecoming only in on 7th July, which give WW some space to capitalise the independence day, like on 3/7 and