kayumanggi

THE INCREDIBLES II | 634.2 M overseas ● 1242.8 M worldwide

5 minutes ago, Joel M said:

Better slow your roll with the 600m predictions, especially after Dory.

Agreed. Unless China explodes, I do not see so enormous numbers. 450-550, depending mostly on China behaviour.

• Like 2

According to BOM, the original had a DOM/OS split of 41.3% / 58.7%.

With that kind of split, I2 would "only" need $587m overseas to reach billion worldwide. :P

If the movie does, like Box Office Pro have in their long range tracking, $425m domestic, I don't see the original's split holding (hard to see overseas going over $600m unless China goes crazy); with a 45/55 split the OS gross would then be $519.4m, with $944.4m worldwide. Using the über-pessimistic(?) Finding Dory split (47.3% / 52.7%) would give $473.5m OS and $898.5m worldwide.

And the possible shocker 50/50 split would of course give $850m worldwide.

8 hours ago, Joel M said:

Better slow your roll with the 600m predictions, especially after Dory.

OS without China

Zootopia made $447M -> incl China it's $683M

Coco made $408M -> incl China it's $597M

Finding Dory made $504M -> incl China it's $542M

Notice how these numbers are turned on their heads when adding China.

It really does boil down to this single market and I would say that Incredibles 2 has the capacity to earn as much as Dory everywhere else. As for China, it really is an unknown but $600M is not out of the question or overoptimistic, in my opinion. Of course, something around $500M could be equally likely. We'll see.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Quigley said:

OS without China

Zootopia made $447M -> incl China it's $683M

Coco made $408M -> incl China it's $597M

Finding Dory made $504M -> incl China it's $542M

Notice how these numbers are turned on their heads when adding China.

It really does boil down to this single market and I would say that Incredibles 2 has the capacity to earn as much as Dory everywhere else. As for China, it really is an unknown but $600M is not out of the question or overoptimistic, in my opinion. Of course, something around $500M could be equally likely. We'll see.

It might I guess but it's not exactly probable considering Dory's run. Leaving China aside I don't think it's that easy to do Dory's 500m OS-China. Dory was very well reviewed and Nemo is one of the most beloved animations ever worldwide, and Dory still lost to Nemo in half the markets despite a decade of inflation +3D. It's an animation sequel to a movie from 15 years ago. Not the same thing with Shrek2,DM2,Ice Age 2 etc. It's far from a sure thing that it would explode in all the markets the first one made very little because they were much smaller in 2004.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joel M said:

It might I guess but it's not exactly probable considering Dory's run. Leaving China aside I don't think it's that easy to do Dory's 500m OS-China. Dory was very well reviewed and Nemo is one of the most beloved animations ever worldwide, and Dory still lost to Nemo in half the markets despite a decade of inflation +3D. It's an animation sequel to a movie from 15 years ago. Not the same thing with Shrek2,DM2,Ice Age 2 etc. It's far from a sure thing that it would explode in all the markets the first one made very little because they were much smaller in 2004.

True, it's far from a given. But the first one opened in November and I would say that the summer is a more lucrative period in general, so it is possible. North America will clearly have one of the biggest boosts. For other countries, it could be anynoe's guess.

• Like 2