Finnick

Thursday Numbers: WONDER WOMAN:$6.02M / TOTAL $233.83M

1 minute ago, Chaz said:

Damn. $40 million weekend is definitely on the table.

Yes but still tough.

Thu came bang on target of the optimistic scenario I had yesterday:

22 hours ago, a2knet said:

Am going very optimistic to see if 40 weekend is possible. Doesn't look likely.

6 (-5%)

10.2 (+70%)

14.3 (+40%)

39 3rd weekend

But there is a case for 40-42 weekend:

-Even though Fri bumps start getting smaller as more and more schools are off it could do +75% high-end on Fri compared to 72% bump last Fri.

-Sat could go upto 50% (Mad Max did 48% but then it's Friday was only +42%). So if Fri is +75%, for Sat to be awesome again at +50% would be something special but WONDR could do that.

So there have been cases of better Fri or better Sats than above, but to do that together would be...wonderful.

6 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I am very curious about this, obviously, and since there is almost no precedent for the type of film Wonder Woman is, I'm lost here...

It really is kind of fascinating to watch. It's a combination of the generally high opening cape genre as well as the more robust legs of female-centric films and also a novelty factor. I simply can't see any later female-led cape film come close to what WW is doing. Possibly a really well received Harley Quinn movie that pulls in teen/20s/early-30s women hard. Going to finally have a chance to take my 6-year old daughter today.

Also, obligatory:

7e0eb48a712849d98d149b43f92b2051.1b523.p

• Like 6

Just now, raegr said:

Imagine if the top 2 CBMs of the year are both DC movies!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I foresee Justice League falling quite a bit short of Wonder Woman's domestic gross. I'd like to believe otherwise but I kinda always though Wonder Woman would do more

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I foresee Justice League falling quite a bit short of Wonder Woman's domestic gross. I'd like to believe otherwise but I kinda always though Wonder Woman would do more

If Wonder Woman does come close to 400M and her role in Justice League is really well highlighted in the marketing for it then I truly believe Justice league is "easily" doing over 400M thanks to her.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AHepBurn said:

It really is kind of fascinating to watch. It's a combination of the generally high opening cape genre as well as the more robust legs of female-centric films and also a novelty factor. I simply can't see any later female-led cape film come close to what WW is doing. Possibly a really well received Harley Quinn movie that pulls in teen/20s/early-30s women hard. Going to finally have a chance to take my 6-year old daughter today.

Also, obligatory:

7e0eb48a712849d98d149b43f92b2051.1b523.p

I read somewhere that movies that sincerely appealed to the female demo as much as it did males, or even more tended to be leggier because ladies tend to repeat viewings. I think I was reading about Titanic at the time.

Just now, Arlborn said:

If Wonder Woman does come close to 400M and her role in Justice League is really well highlighted in the marketing for it then I truly believe Justice league is "easily" doing over 400M thanks to her.

nah. WW was hailed by feminists. Justice League won't have that going for it. It will also see more of a negative impact from the reception of BvS. Now if it's as well received as Wonder Woman then maybe it can match it.

20 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

It's a great drop. down only 34% from last week. It puts a 40M weekend in the cards

10 minutes ago, baumer said:

It defies logic. Not only is it only down 5% after three movies opened wide last night's for previews but it's only down 34% from last Thursday. This is just a straight-up juggernaut. I think 350 is locked and at this point 400 would seriously not surprise me.

Thanks a lot, guys! 

• Like 1

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

nah. WW was hailed by feminists. Justice League won't have that going for it. It will also see more of a negative impact from the reception of BvS. Now if it's as well received as Wonder Woman then maybe it can match it.

Is being 'hailed by feminists' what gave WW her BO success?

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Nah, I disagree with that. Come November she will still be as popular with people as she is now and many people who haven't seen BVS but have seen Wonder Woman and loved it will come watch Justice League for her if they get the marketing around her right, I'm pretty sure of that.

I'm also counting on Justice League having a better reception than BVS and having a bit of a "comeback" narrative to it. It's not going to be as well received as WW though.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

Nah, I disagree with that. Come November she will still be as popular with people as she is now and many people who haven't seen BVS but have seen Wonder Woman and loved it will come watch Justice League for her if they get the marketing around her right, I'm pretty sure of that.

I'm also counting on Justice League having a better reception than BVS and having a bit of a "comeback" narrative to it. It's not going to be as well received as WW though.

I hope you're right. it looks good as hell to me.

• Like 1