Finnick

Thursday Numbers: WONDER WOMAN:$6.02M / TOTAL $233.83M

GO GO GO 400M DOM. Lets hope this doesn't end up like TDK where alot of people thought it would outgross Titantic domestic after the legs it was having and ended up falling way short.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

It's part of it. yes. Justice League will not do as well with females as Wonder WOman

Yeah, because feminists are really the make or break demo of the box office.

girl bye

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

nah. WW was hailed by feminists. Justice League won't have that going for it. It will also see more of a negative impact from the reception of BvS. Now if it's as well received as Wonder Woman then maybe it can match it.

Yeah but having WW front and centre won't make tlJL more appealing to women than your typical CBM.

1 hour ago, John Harris said:

So does WW have a shot at overtaking GOTG2's DOM total? I don't think so, but it seems possible...?

Are you the 2nd person to officially join my bandwagon:)...

In seriousness, the gap between the movies after Thursday's number has now fallen to $33M ($233.8 WW vs $266.7M) - WW has made up $8M+ in 4 days this week...if she continues to smoke GOTG2 on weekdays and hold tight on weekends, she will squeak past it for the win.  If she beats GOTG 2 on weekends, she'll soar past it:)...

This weekend, she should beat GOTG 2's 3rd weekend...and she'll want to do that by a certain amount to make up for falling behind 4th weekend (when GOTG 2 got Memorial Day weekend)...she'll definitely have the advantage weekend 5 when she gets Independence Day and GOTG had to contend with WW...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Are you the 2nd person to officially join my bandwagon:)...

In seriousness, the gap between the movies after Thursday's number has now fallen to $33M ($233.8 WW vs $266.7M) - WW has made up $8M+ in 4 days this week...if she continues to smoke GOTG2 on weekdays and hold tight on weekends, she will squeak past it for the win.  If she beats GOTG 2 on weekends, she'll soar past it:)...

I see it getting that lead down to 28M or so this weekend. hmmmmm....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I see it getting that lead down to 28M or so this weekend. hmmmmm....

Gonna be my 3rd bandwagon joiner?  The bandwagon is always picking up folks and it can take as many as want to come.  Join early though, b/c you know the rep late jumpers-on get:)...

21 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

GO GO GO 400M DOM. Lets hope this doesn't end up like TDK where alot of people thought it would outgross Titantic domestic after the legs it was having and ended up falling way short.

Yeah...that TDK...such a flop. :P 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, baumer said:

It defies logic. Not only is it only down 5% after three movies opened wide last night's for previews but it's only down 34% from last Thursday. This is just a straight-up juggernaut. I think 350 is locked and at this point 400 would seriously not surprise me.

What I find interesting is everything, sans Mummy, is drop/jumping the same or actually better in the Top 10. Expect minuscule drops across the board. Guardians could potentially stay flat.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

And we all know the TDK had such bad legs. 

I think people are mistaken if they think WW doing this well means JL will do better.  I have had WW over JL for every prediction and still do.

You didn't get the female crowd this excited when WW was in BvS and you won't for JL.  I'm also more iffy on if JL is going to be all that good (which will effect legs).

JL is also surrounded by harsher competition, and its demographics will likely be the more typical superhero one. Maybe a GOTG demo if Wonder Woman truly brings some audience over.

JL should definitely have a larger OW, but I wouldn't expect it to for sure pass WW's domestic total.

• Like 7