baumer

Transformers: The Last Knight (2017)

Grade it  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

This movie is atrocious. This is one of the worst scripts so far this year, and I'm sure the script they used was the first and only draft. All of this stupid shit is happening on screen. The writing, storytelling, directing, humor, plot holes, and pretty much everything about it is terrible. Even most of the VFX. The "C3-PO ripoff" (I forgot it's name) looks terrible. When he is seen running and walking, it looks atrocious. I couldn't believe what I was watching. The movie felt like it was edited by a fucking trailer studio. Please Micheal Bay, keep your promise about this being your last one. 2/10.

Edited by afalconer7
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, afalconer7 said:

This movie is atrocious. This is one of the worst scripts so far this year, and I'm sure that was the first and only draft. All of this stupid shit is happening on screen. The writing, storytelling, directing, humor, plot holes, and pretty much everything about it is terrible. Even most of the VFX. The "C3-PO ripoff" (I forgot it's name) looks terrible. When he is seen running and walking, it looks atrocious. I couldn't believe what I was watching. The movie felt like is was edited by a fucking trailer studio. Please Micheal Bay, keep your promise about this being your last one. 2/10.

Image result for smile and wave gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Since @aabattery and @Super Robertman2 Odyssey reminded me of this:

- How did Grimlock have kids????

There are baby T-Rex Transformers in this movie who are learning to control their fire power. How did that happen? Did he hump a car in the junkyard??? Who thought that up?

:ohmygod:

That sounds fucking amazing holy shit

Edited by Super Robertman2 Odyssey
  • Like 1

WAIT... the dinobot actually had a name? 

Seriously, I've seen all five of these things and I can't name a single robot besides Optimus or Bumblebee. I can't even name the one John Goodman voiced despite wishing that he could be in more of the movie... unless his name just happened to be Walter or Sobchak.

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Since @aabattery and @Super Robertman2 Odyssey reminded me of this:

- How did Grimlock have kids????

There are baby T-Rex Transformers in this movie who are learning to control their fire power. How did that happen? Did he hump a car in the junkyard??? Who thought that up?

I'd say eggs or something, but isn't Grimlock a dude?

Does that mean that Optimus lays eggs as well?

I wonder what makes more sense. The Bayformers universe or the Cars universe.

Like Harry Potter and Hunger Games Transformers is about doing the right thing even when the odds seem insurmountable.  I always get emotional in these films and I finally tried to analyze why I do.  It comes down to people being heroic.  Not super heroes, but real people.  Sam and Mikhaela in the first two, Lennox and Epps, even though they are military, they take a leap of faith in the original and side with Sam and demand to let Bumble Bee free.  In the fourth, Cade is another ordinary guy in extraordinary circumstances and in the fifth, everyone tries to do the right thing...Lennox disobeys orders to do so, Cade stands by the Transformers even as they are hunted down, Izabella is an angry teen and she knows what the right course of action is and she takes it.  Transformers is about human heroism and human error and human beings trying to do the right thing.  It's one of the prevalent themes of the series and Bay is good at this.  He does it in Armageddon as well.  When faced with extra-ordinary odds, how do you react?  What do you do?  Do you cower and flee or do you face the music and selflessly do what is right?

• Like 1

When I saw it for the second time yesterday unless I'm missing something Sam is definitely not dead. When they show the list of all the Protectors of the Transformers secret Sam's Ladies Man 213 picture definitely comes up but when Vivian asks Anthony Hopkins if they are all dead he says well not all of them. So that implies, at least to me, that Sam is not dead.

• Like 3

It's kind of impressive how Michael Bay manages to make each one of these somehow even worse than the previous one.

High point of the movie: looking down the top of a 14 year old child.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

It's kind of impressive how Michael Bay manages to make each one of these somehow even worse than the previous one.

High point of the movie: looking down the top of a 14 year old child.

That never happened in the movie, Tree. There was never any sexual ization of a 14 year old girl and we never looked down her shirt. First of all Michael Bay is not a pedophile and if someone ever tried to put something like that in the movie The Producers would definitely make sure that's taken out not to mention the editor. You can hate the movie all you want but don't make him out to be something that he's not.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, baumer said:

That never happened in the movie, Tree. There was never any sexual ization of a 14 year old girl and we never looked down her shirt. First of all Michael Bay is not a pedophile and if someone ever tried to put something like that in the movie The Producers would definitely make sure that's taken out not to mention the editor. You can hate the movie all you want but don't make him out to be something that he's not.

well I suppose the problem is that Michael Bay sexualises absolutely everything he shoots, after all he himself describes his filmmaking as "fucking the frame", does he not?

He is such a foul, inappropriate director to be making these supposedly-family-friendly films.

And this continues from the last film where he had one of the protagonists literally defending statutory rape of minors. You can interpret a shot however you like but that was straight up objectively in the 4th movie. It is hardly surprising.

And the same thoughts about editing crossed my mind too, but it just goes to show how much free reign Michael Bay has.

Edited by Manchester by the Tree
  • Like 1

bay's immature sexual urges aside, the film is still absolutely fucking terrible. None of it makes any sense at all. In the action scenes you have absolutely no clue what's happening, nor do you care because the fight scenes are genuinely sleep-inducing. Dialogue even more cringey than the previous films, and didn't care for any of the "characters" (not a word I would use to describe any of the people on screen).

like the last one though, the only good thing is Stanley Tucci.

even Anthony Hopkins is rubbish. For however many millions he was paid could he not have thought of anything to do apart from pull his Red 2 performance?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, baumer said:

Like Harry Potter and Hunger Games Transformers is about doing the right thing even when the odds seem insurmountable. 

No offense, Bau, but that describes like 90% of all blockbusters.

• Like 3

On 6/25/2017 at 11:20 PM, baumer said:

Like Harry Potter and Hunger Games Transformers is about doing the right thing even when the odds seem insurmountable.  I always get emotional in these films and I finally tried to analyze why I do.  It comes down to people being heroic.  Not super heroes, but real people.  Sam and Mikhaela in the first two, Lennox and Epps, even though they are military, they take a leap of faith in the original and side with Sam and demand to let Bumble Bee free.  In the fourth, Cade is another ordinary guy in extraordinary circumstances and in the fifth, everyone tries to do the right thing...Lennox disobeys orders to do so, Cade stands by the Transformers even as they are hunted down, Izabella is an angry teen and she knows what the right course of action is and she takes it.  Transformers is about human heroism and human error and human beings trying to do the right thing.  It's one of the prevalent themes of the series and Bay is good at this.  He does it in Armageddon as well.  When faced with extra-ordinary odds, how do you react?  What do you do?  Do you cower and flee or do you face the music and selflessly do what is right?

Comparing the characters' humanity in Transformers to the characters in Harry Potter is insane. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rukaio101 said:

No offense, Bau, but that describes like 90% of all blockbusters.

I'd also call the odds more insurmountable if most of the Decepticons weren't so hilariously disposable.