baumer

Transformers: The Last Knight (2017)

Grade it  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

• Community Manager

Fun. There is some plot stupidity, the 14 year old girl was sidelined and played no real part in the story, and it was way too long. Could have been trimmed a lot. But it is fun and I ended up liking it.

Would have to rewatch TF2 and TF3 but it might be my second favorite Transformers movie.

B-

• Like 2

does anyone know if the staff used by The Fallen is similar to the one in The last knight.  Also, if they were to activate the sun harvester in Revenge of the Fallen then I would assume that would destroy the staff needed to re-energize cybertron???  Or would cybertron be fine without Earth if the sun harvester was activated? 

Was Cybertron doing the same thing in Dark of the Moon as it was in THe Last Knight where it needed to feed off Earth but it was emerging that time from the teleporter? 

What was with the stuff in Age of Extinction?  Those seed pods? 

Can Megatron still disintegrate and reappear like he did in Age of Extinction when he came back to life.  I never saw him do any of this in The Last Knight, but when Optimus kicked him out of the Cybertron piece of the ship at the end it seems Megatron disintegrated like he was doing in Age of Extinction. 

..I am assuming the Earth-crust scraper thing that Cybertron was doing on the surface of the Earth to activate thermal energy killed tens of millions of people during the climax of THe Last Knight so when the movie concludes, Optimus is calling Autobots to come home and suggesting an Earth/Autobots community....but some surface of the Earth just got scraped off by the compartments of cybertron killing tens of millions.  This is a serious post and all this has been in my mind since I saw the movie.  I just rewatched it in IMAX and it was absolutely amazing.  It is the nuttiest, crazy, ADD thrill ride ever made. 

Edited by Matrix4You
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Matrix4You said:

does anyone know if the staff used by The Fallen is similar to the one in The last knight.  Also, if they were to activate the sun harvester in Revenge of the Fallen then I would assume that would destroy the staff needed to re-energize cybertron???  Or would cybertron be fine without Earth if the sun harvester was activated? 

Was Cybertron doing the same thing in Dark of the Moon as it was in THe Last Knight where it needed to feed off Earth but it was emerging that time from the teleporter? 

Can Megatron still disintegrate and reappear like he did in Age of Extinction when he came back to life.  I never saw him do any of this in The Last Knight, but when Optimus kicked him out of the Cybertron piece of the ship at the end it seems Megatron disintegrated like he was doing in Age of Extinction. 

..I am assuming the Earth-crust scraper thing that Cybertron was doing on the surface of the Earth to activate thermal energy killed tens of millions of people during the climax of THe Last Knight so when the movie concludes, Optimus is calling Autobots to come home and suggesting an Earth/Autobots community....but some surface of the Earth just got scraped off by the compartments of cybertron killing tens of millions.  This is a serious post and all this has been in my mind since I saw the movie.  I just rewatched it in IMAX and it was absolutely amazing.  It is the nuttiest, crazy, ADD thrill ride ever made. 

I wish the writers would have put the time in to connect these things together. Every film ends up with them rewriting the mythos.

On 7/3/2017 at 0:25 AM, Matrix4You said:

You are assuming the writer's cared about continuity. It's like the writer's room they assembled specifically devised this movie so that every moment in this movie would contradict previous movies in the franchise. Unicron didn't awaken the last time Cybertron came into Earth's atmosphere, the Transformers either existed since the dinosaurs, or since Arthurian times, or were a government coverup thanks to the moon landing, or they built the pyramids (which were destroyed in this movie again, but no secret weapon was exposed under the pyramids) or they only came to earth in the first movie.

The Cybertron history makes no sense, either the Primes built Cybertron leading to The Fallen betraying them, or Megatron was the first to try to betray Cybertron or Quintessa did. 

The entire backstory is needlessly complicated and full of contradictions at this point. Megatron's appearance itself makes no sense anymore, he was Galvatron the last time we saw him and was a nanobot built Transformer. Its like they forgot that as well.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, grim22 said:

You are assuming the writer's cared about continuity. It's like the writer's room they assembled specifically devised this movie so that every moment in this movie would contradict previous movies in the franchise. Unicron didn't awaken the last time Cybertron came into Earth's atmosphere, the Transformers either existed since the dinosaurs, or since Arthurian times, or were a government coverup thanks to the moon landing, or they built the pyramids (which were destroyed in this movie again, but no secret weapon was exposed under the pyramids) or they only came to earth in the first movie.

The Cybertron history makes no sense, either the Primes built Cybertron leading to The Fallen betraying them, or Megatron was the first to try to betray Cybertron or Quintessa did. 

The entire backstory is needlessly complicated and full of contradictions at this point. Megatron's appearance itself makes no sense anymore, he was Galvatron the last time we saw him and was a nanobot built Transformer. Its like they forgot that as well.

well there has to be a way to piece this all together.  I am guessing Unicron did not awaken because Cybertron was coming to Earth via portal in DOTM.  I was doing some wikipedia reading and I think The Fallen was the first decepticon.  And Quintessa should have been someone else the same way that Ego should have been someone else in GOTG2

Edited by Matrix4You

While this was better than Age of Extinction it was still way to long and bloated for it's own good. It felt like they had ideas for three separate films and decided to cram all of them into this one. There was just way too much shit going on and there were way too many scenes where the characters just sat around and spouted exposition. The Final Battle was cool but it doesn't make up for the rest of the film being so messy.

D-

Edited by Twelve

So bad. The story and mythos doesn't make sense at all. Just gets me angry at how they cannot keep continuity especially when it is the same director. 

The editing and dialogue is cringe worthy. The characters are lame. Though i did enjoy the new English ladies role and her interactions with Wahlberg. Probably the only highlight of the movie. 

The kid was pointless. The action was senseless. The lore just makes my head hurt. Not one transformers movie fits with another. Contradiction contradictions. Im also not a fan of what they have done with Unicron. But the credit scene got me intrigued. 

I miss Shia. He was great. Part 2 and 3 had problems but he made us care about the events happening. Mark hasn't done that.

Im a fan of Bay and think the first Transformers is his best film alongside The Rock and Armageddon. But every sequel sucks. Hopefully with Bay gone they can come up with something coherent. 

D-

So just to add something. It seemed to me Quintessa is not the creator of the Transformers as she is called the great deceiver by the Knights. Plus we saw alien hands in Age of Extinction. Which are obviously not hers. So lockdown from AoE did not work for her. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Omario said:

So bad. The story and mythos doesn't make sense at all. Just gets me angry at how they cannot keep continuity especially when it is the same director. 

The editing and dialogue is cringe worthy. The characters are lame. Though i did enjoy the new English ladies role and her interactions with Wahlberg. Probably the only highlight of the movie. 

The kid was pointless. The action was senseless. The lore just makes my head hurt. Not one transformers movie fits with another. Contradiction contradictions. Im also not a fan of what they have done with Unicron. But the credit scene got me intrigued. 

I miss Shia. He was great. Part 2 and 3 had problems but he made us care about the events happening. Mark hasn't done that.

Im a fan of Bay and think the first Transformers is his best film alongside The Rock and Armageddon. But every sequel sucks. Hopefully with Bay gone they can come up with something coherent. 

D-

So just to add something. It seemed to me Quintessa is not the creator of the Transformers as she is called the great deceiver by the Knights. Plus we saw alien hands in Age of Extinction. Which are obviously not hers. So lockdown from AoE did not work for her. 

I think the alien hands were from 'the creators'.  They were long before everything since they came during the dinosaur times and planted the seed.  IMO it is borrowing from Prometheus and the engineers.  The 'alien hands' ship arrived at prehistoric earth and spread transformium on earth's organics to grow some of its civilization.  maybe they are alive or maybe they are not, but that is what i got out of it.  After rewatching AOE, the twenty minute scene when they are in lockdown's ship says alot.  They keep mentioning 'knights', and they show one of the swords.  it is also the same type of ship that is at the bottom of the ocean in The Last Knight.  That is all i have pieced together so far.  I am trying, but i have no knowledge of the Transformers universe.  I feel it is worth a shot to piece together all these movies since I have invested so much time in all five of them.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Matrix4You said:

I think the alien hands were from 'the creators'.  They were long before everything since they came during the dinosaur times and planted the seed.  IMO it is borrowing from Prometheus and the engineers.  The 'alien hands' ship arrived at prehistoric earth and spread transformium on earth's organics to grow some of its civilization.  maybe they are alive or maybe they are not, but that is what i got out of it.  After rewatching AOE, the twenty minute scene when they are in lockdown's ship says alot.  They keep mentioning 'knights', and they show one of the swords.  it is also the same type of ship that is at the bottom of the ocean in The Last Knight.  That is all i have pieced together so far.  I am trying, but i have no knowledge of the Transformers universe.  I feel it is worth a shot to piece together all these movies since I have invested so much time in all five of them.

Im sure they referred to 'creators' as in plural in AoE. Thats what makes me doubt quintessa being the origin of their species. But maybe Lockdown was working for her. i could be wrong. I may need to read up on t4 again. Only seen it the once. I just wish there was some clear continuity throughout all the  movies. Every movie just brings up different eras and they barely make sense. As individual movies maybe a person can understand them. But as a saga...nope. 

after hearing some very bad things about this movie, even from some people who enjoyed ROTF!, I have to say the movie isn't quite as bad as that. I thought the opening scene with the flashback to the medieval times was actually pretty cool and the final battle was suitably rousing. 

the main problem is the entire middle portion which is a huge, convoluted mess. And once again decides to give a ridiculous amount of focus to the human characters

still I liked Hopkins and Cogman and Vivian as well and it was cool to see Duhamel back. The IMAX 3D visuals were also amazing. I don't think this series deserves some of the vitriol it gets but they definitely put the blood in the water with some very strange decisions. 

On 25/06/2017 at 2:45 AM, grim22 said:

So he humped a car then confirmed.

He also disappeared mid movie. Probably to go feed the kids and take them on a well deserved vacation.

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Are we sure this was a real movie? This shit was straight up trolling by Bay and co. It is time to shut down Paramount.

lol I am pretty lenient on these TF movies ( even enjoyed the 4th) and was feeling the same way

though I liked Hopkins, Cogman, Haddock, Duhamel, and even Wahlberg. Wish they were given a better movie though

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

This is unadulterated garbage, plain and simple. Nothing works. The junkyard scenes are overlong and vomit inducing.

This from somebody who loves Bay movies such as Armageddon, Bad Boys 1 & 2, Island and someone who truly enjoyed the heck out of Transformers and to a lesser degree TF 2 and 3.

Yuck.

Rating: D-

• Like 1

Yeah, this was just trash. It really is a toss-up between this film, Revenge of the Fallen, and Age of Extinction for the worst of the series. Each of them are pretty terrible in different areas. Revenge is, imo, the most offensive and obnoxious film of the series. Extinction is the most boring and tedious one being that it is the longest film of the series. Last Knight is probably the worst from a filmmaking prospective. Out of all of three, Last Knight is better for the simple fact that it actually had some legitimately entertaining moments for me (the opening scene with King Arthur and cogman). Still doesn't make up for the rest of the film. 

What was Anthony Hopkins smoking?

D