Xillix

Spin-Off/Restart Separately?

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

Good luck to the reboot.

If it's possible the staff here could archive the existing subforum and create a new one? If that helps make things more convenient than moving to a new forum.

Done.

• Community Manager

I do recommend using the forum for CAYOM. The staff remains 100% committed to supporting the CAYOM playerbase with their needs and our larger size will make it far easier for new players to find the game than using your own forum. I'll also recommend a few more things:

[*] Use real years rather than CAYOM years. :ph34r:

[*] Have a limit on long movies per user. It slows down the game so much when people overcommit to writing for the game. It used to be that most movies made for CAYOM were a paragraph or two long. Nothing wrong with that.

[*] Have strict deadlines. One of the things that doomed the game was the flexible deadlines where people kept pushing because they needed more time to write.

I know they tried splitting the game years into parts but clearly that didn't work for long. Seriously: filler movies can be as fun to make as the Oscar wannabes and major blockbusters. :)

• Like 3

I would like to use real years and maybe not as many real actors/actresses.

We should have fictitious people representing actors so the reviews are based on the writing and not the actors.

You'll need to use fictional actors/actresses/directors/etc eventually because of year to year aging.

But it shouldn't be required from the get-go. Instead you can slowly build fictional people from the start while still incorporating real people where appropriate.

With respect to this, I cannot guarantee that I'll be able to participate in the movie-making other than potentially re-releasing old CAYOM movies occasionally after tweaking them. However I can say that I will participate with respect to reviewing films, Oscar voting, etc. In keeping with this, when a new Master Franchise Tracking thread is made I'll release several of my held franchises from the prior iteration.

• Like 1

I think we should open up the franchise tracking thread and a few others sooner rather than later so we can get them out of the way before we start with Part 1. Let players come in and make claims and suggestions to improve the rulebook.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cookie said:

I think we should open up the franchise tracking thread and a few others sooner rather than later so we can get them out of the way before we start with Part 1. Let players come in and make claims and suggestions to improve the rulebook.

I can start that.

• Like 1

Yeah... this was a long time coming. I think we went about a year and a half or two years or so without anything happening so starting fresh just seems like the most logical thing to do.

I cannot guarantee I'll be able to fully participate in this game due to my hectic schedule and on and off participation over the past year or so. However, I'd very much love to participate in creating some films from to time and help out in any way I can. I'm not the greatest at keeping my word (past players can attest to that) but my hectic schedule will (hopefully) be winding down in the next couple of weeks. Idk, we shall see. I'm very glad to see so many people have a renewed interest in the game. I had a lot of fun participating in it years back and I hope I can continue, so long as my schedule doesn't become too bloated.