baumer

Transformers Last Knight 5.5m in previews...WW 5.45 -37% from last Tuesday

Transformers: Age of Extinction, the last movie, started previews on Thursday night three years ago minting $8.75M from late-night showings starting at 9 PM on 2,990 screens.

Here are some increases for films on the Tuesday after Father's Day (some comparisons for Wonder Woman and for Cars). Looks like Tuesday increases are generally muted. Wonder Woman's increase looks pretty typical given this, and likely impacted somewhat by Transformers previews. 

Increases on Tuesday post-Father’s Day

Captain America: Civil War: +9.2%

X-Men: Apocalypse: +15.1%

Avengers: Age of Ultron: +19.9%

Finding Dory: +18.5%

Inside Out: +24.3%

How To Train Your Dragon 2: +16.8%

Peace,

Mike

• Like 9

Was not expecting sub-6m previews.

Was thinking 7-8 previews for 24-26 OD.

Guessing 19-21 OD now.

21 + 9.5 (-55%) + 12.25 (+30%) + 14 (+15%) + 11.25 (-20%) = 68 5-day (37.5 OW)

6 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

This was expected. People forgot very, very quickly how much NBA Finals Game 5 impacted last Monday's numbers. Actually, impacted 'em so much that not only did Tuesday see a crazy bump for everything but Wednesday saw a nice hold for everything. So, yeah, I don't know. I don't think this has much to do with Transformers.

Bingo, was just about to repeat this... AGAIN. The bump for WW seems fine to me. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Good Lord, the theater is amok with kids groups :ohmygod: Most are going to Transformers, oddly enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why don't you just join one of them. I'm sure you'd fit right in. 

• Like 2

If you expected 7 mil for Wonder Woman you don't get how Fathers Day affected things. Of course the increase was small it was going up against Transformers and Father's Day boost. People really need to stop panicking about perfectly normal numbers. I expected 5.8 at best.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

If you expected 7 mil for Wonder Woman you don't get how Fathers Day affected things. Of course the increase was small it was going up against Transformers and Father's Day boost. People really need to stop panicking about perfectly normal numbers. I expected 5.8 at best.

The numbers are up

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Did those viral yet unreliable articles about Gal Gadot's salary...affect WW's box office?

I'm confused why this premise is an actual thing. People aren't going to see WW because Gadot was falsely rumored to have made millions less than Cavill? It makes no sense. 

• Like 7

Spoiler

WONDER WOMAN'S TUESDAY NUMBER IS FINE.

TUESDAY POST FATHER'S DAY SHOWED MUTED BUMPS LAST YEAR TOO.

ON TOP OF THAT, TF5 HAD IT'S PREVIEWS.

SO A SMALLER BUMP WAS EXPECTED, LIKE WE WILL SEE WITH MOST MOVIES PUTTING UP SIGNIFICANT NUMBERS. IT'S NOTHING SPECIFIC TO WONDER WOMAN.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 3

At this point is there really anything that the last knight is going to do that we haven't already expected and discussed for the last probably year. 75 million five day has been discussed for a long time which means we'll probably end up with about 150 or 160. Hopefully more.

• Like 1