MikeQ

Wednesday Numbers (June 21) -- Transformers: $15.66M; Wonder Woman: $3.85M; Cars 3: 4.34M

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I think Daddy's Home 2 should be fine, it will do less than the first but that's a given since it's opening in November and not Christmas. 

Depends on the budget.  People say this about a lot of these comedy sequels, but it's hard to get people interested in a lot of comedy sequels.

The cases where they do well seem to be more exception based than rule based.  I could see sub-70m DOM for it.

54 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

It's sad, but not unexpected, that It Comes at Night hasn't caught on. It's way too deliberate and ambiguous to catch on with the mainstream horror crowd - especially given that it's not really a horror film in the first place.

A24's stuff is just to interesting for the GA.  They can't handle creativity.

17 minutes ago, PhantomX1313 said:

Holy Shit, China embracing their film 1B confirmed 

Transformers: The Last Knight grosses HUGE $5.5 million in midnight previews in China- 4th biggest on record. #boxoffice

https://twitter.com/boxofficewhiz/status/877970725184966656

That's actually somewhat of a disappointing number and it is the 5th largest according to the china thread. 

And no this will not make a billion. It won't even come close. It is falling from the 4th one almost everywhere and seems like it will fall from the 4th one in China as well. It's rating in China is also the lowest of all transformers movie which does not bode well for its legs there. It might even miss 300m

• Like 2

4/5 biggest opening day in the much more frontloaded China market, it will probably do significantly less than T4. Transformer 4 is the 5th biggest movie ever there.

Edited by Barnack

21 hours ago, UNDERDOG said:

For the longest time, I thought these franchises would be trouble to Wonder Woman. I thought Transformers would step in and decimate it. But alas...

Wonder Woman to every blockbuster this summer:
aoG03rJ-2.gif

:rofl:,

Im glad I was one of those who pretty much knew WW was gonna have a strong domestic preformance in fact I remember being laughed at  numerous times for saying 300 domestic.

On course for 360+

Whos laughing now:qotd:

Edited by Brainiac5
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, YourMother said:

The Star vs DH2 will be an interesting battle for their OW.

Daddy's Home will beat it then both will drop hard against Coco. I wouldn't be surprised if Murder on the Orient Express does better business than both.

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

First things first: I just finished watching PASSENGERS and you know what? It was a damn enjoyable movie. Yeah, a bit cheesy at times, but I was really entertained. I was a bit sleepy when I put it on and it managed to keep me interested despite how tired I am. Great, great acting. And nice visuals too.

Second -  it took me a good 5 minutes to realize that DH2 did not meant Deathly Hallows 2. I was wondering if a new Potter movie was announced and I missed it lol. 

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

New BOM TC estimates are out for next week:

DM3: 4,350+

Baby Driver: 3,100

The House: 3,000+

Someone should tell them Amityville got pulled :lol: 

3,100 is impressive for Baby Driver. Hopefully it pays off.

Gonna be insane but here's how I see TF5 playing out:

Weds: 15.7M

Thurs: 6.6M

Fri: 9.6M

Sat: 12.9M

Sun: 9.6M

5-day: 54.4M

3-day: 32.1M

Could see WW topping it this weekend. Can't crunch the numbers out atm but I feel like it will have a stronger hold than last week

8 hours ago, Spaghetti of 1000 Planets said:

I love how this poster came out the day after the Last Knight, as if to say, "Ease off on Bay, folks! Here's the REAL garbage blockbuster franchise of the decade!"

If we can be confident in Last Jedi despite IX coming out afterwards, looking forward to JW2 is pretty logical. Bayona is fantastic and dat Goldblum

Yes, I'm stanning for it because I want it to crush Han Solo :ph34r:

• Like 1

Passengers is such a frustrating movie. It's a lot better than some of the critics gave it credit for, but even aside from my problems with the ending...the energy of the first two acts felt like they were only scraping the surface of what they COULD have achieved. 

Brilliant score and performance from Lawrence, though. 

• Like 7