grim22

June 23-25 Weekend Thread | TF5 45M, Cars 3 24.0, Wonder Woman 24.9 (10th highest 4th weekend of all time and biggest 4th weekend of 2017)

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Good CHRIST The Last Knight was terrible. It's not even funny enough to make fun of like AOE! The last act just drags on and on.

Oh, and I had another fun audience experience today. A black family sat next to me and provided commentary throughout the film (and ew'd Will Ferrell and John Lithgow's kiss in the Daddy's Home trailer :lol: ). It started amplifying in the second half, but I really didn't care to tell them to be quiet; their commentary was more interesting than the film itself. BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! Some guy two rows ahead of me whipped out his cell phone several times to be on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and more looking at girls. The first two times he did it (he did it first about half an hour in for like 5 minutes, and the next time about 40 minutes later for the same period), I got very close to shouting at him. The next time he did it was about 40 minutes before the film ended. I had enough of it after a couple minutes and shouted "Dude, we can all see you cell phone!" He turned that shit off IMMEDIATELY :rofl: About 15-20 minutes later he whips it out again and I yelled "You're not doing a good job at hiding it!" and this fucking asshole makes it in full view for a minute. GOD I HATE PEOPLE

This is some sort of amazing karma somehow. :lol: 

• Like 9

Disney/Pixar’s Cars 3 is also driving toward $7M today, but as of this minute is expected to come in under Wonder Woman in third with $23M, -57% for a running 10-day take of $97.7M by Sunday.

Lionsgate’s Codeblack Entertainment’s All Eyez on Me is expected to gross $2.7M today for a second weekend of $8M, -70% for a 10-day total of $40.8M.

http://deadline.com/2017/06/transformers-the-last-knight-opening-weekend-box-office-1202118976/

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

That would be (very very roughly) a 70% jump from today's estimates. If that holds, once again it's at the upper end of expectations.

In the end the Franchise had a huge run. 

TF1 was pretty much the audience hit of the year making as much as very hyped films like Spiderman 3, Pirates 3, Shrek 3 and was one of the best sellers on Home Videos of the 2000's.

TF2 got a gigantic opening 5-days in an era of much cheaper tickets and no 3D and still ranks as one of the biggest 5-day openings in ticket sales adjusting to over 260 million today.

Tf3 started the decline but pulled in over 1.1 billion dollars WW

and Tf4 fell badly domestically however it still powered to 1.050+ billion WW.

I think people just had enough but it was undoubtedly a massively successful franchise. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, KC7 said:

I'm more interested in this:

26! That would be amazing enough, but if it ends up going higher again like the past three weeks....

Soon Wonder Woman will pass Iron Man, Suicide Squad, Guardians of the Galaxy and Deadpool to become the highest superhero debut ever. :ohmyzod:

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Like 8

I think Transformers can be revitalized by someone other than Michael Bay.  A movie about giant Transforming robots at war with each other can be good fun summer movies.  The Bay iterations are barely movies at all... they're just a bunch of random scenes played in a sequence for 2 hours with no story, characters, or even memorable robots/villains.

• Like 3

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

TF1 was pretty much the audience hit of the year making as much as very hyped films like Spiderman 3, Pirates 3, Shrek 3 and was one of the best sellers on Home Videos of the 2000's.

TF2 got a gigantic opening 5-days in an era of much cheaper tickets and no 3D and still ranks as one of the biggest 5-day openings in ticket sales adjusting to over 260 million today.

I think people just had enough but it was undoubtedly a massively successful franchise. 

Did you quote the wrong person? I was talking about WW. :rofl: 

(I agree with what you say).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I don't think you can do Star Trek on the cheap anymore, it's a sci-fi film and those tend to VFX heavy. 

What also drove the budget up was they waited too long for the sequel so the original contracts lapsed and they had to renegotiate with all the actors.

Edited by TalismanRing

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Good CHRIST The Last Knight was terrible. It's not even funny enough to make fun of like AOE! The last act just drags on and on.

Oh, and I had another fun audience experience today. A black family sat next to me and provided commentary throughout the film (and ew'd Will Ferrell and John Lithgow's kiss in the Daddy's Home trailer :lol: ). It started amplifying in the second half, but I really didn't care to tell them to be quiet; their commentary was more interesting than the film itself. BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! Some guy two rows ahead of me whipped out his cell phone several times to be on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and more looking at girls. The first two times he did it (he did it first about half an hour in for like 5 minutes, and the next time about 40 minutes later for the same period), I got very close to shouting at him. The next time he did it was about 40 minutes before the film ended. I had enough of it after a couple minutes and shouted "Dude, we can all see you cell phone!" He turned that shit off IMMEDIATELY :rofl: About 15-20 minutes later he whips it out again and I yelled "You're not doing a good job at hiding it!" and this fucking asshole makes it in full view for a minute. GOD I HATE PEOPLE

Lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

true. I don't think anyone would have believed you if you said TF would be such a massive and long running franchise to someone in 2006

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

Tell Hailee to stop being so self-centered. :P:ph34r: 

Hide contents

Sucks about that experience. Do you have upscale/premium theaters near you? In my experience people tend to be better behaved there.

This is why I avoid Milwaukee theaters and go to North Shore.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Paramount is in some serious trouble right now. While I'm expecting Bumblebee to bomb domestically, I can see a scenario where China saves it but if Bumblebee and MI6 are Paramount's only $200M+ WW films, that's bad news.

The Cloverfield movie, Mother! and DH2 should make them a pretty big profit though. especially since they don't have huge budgets.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Tell Hailee to stop being so self-centered. :P:ph34r: 

Reveal hidden contents

Unfortunately no. There's a theater I go to sometimes about 20 minutes away that's in a much older-populated area, but even then that doesn't draw rude people away. Plus, they share their movies with two other theaters and don't always get everything (IE they aren't getting Baby Driver).

• Like 1