Finnick

Tuesday Numbers : TF5: $5.68M | CARS3: $4.1M(Deadline) | WW: $3.9M (So long SS!!) | BD: $2.1M (Previews)

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Alien Covenant would've gone sub-40M without a good RT score.

Yeah Alien Covenant would have opened to Life numbers if it wasn't an Alien movie.

Spoiler

Some argue it still wasn't

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

Yes Tomato Law that didn't work with Alien Covenant.

It did have a high OD, no? it just crumbled afterwards.

I'm starting to wonder if, because of RT, we are seeing reviews have a big influence on OW these days rather than on legs as it was the usual in the past.

I think the surprisingly fine(compared to the gloomy predictions after bad OW that is) legs of Pirates5 have a little(just a little mind you) to do with it actually being a fun movie for the audience in general that some people avoided going to on OW because of reviews.

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Yeah Alien Covenant would have opened to Life numbers if it wasn't an Alien movie.

Hide contents

Some argue it still wasn't

I thought Alien Covenant was a sequel to the master piece that was Life. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Baby driver could the 2017's we're millers, bridesmaids, the help 

Not effect driven drama that build on audience and critic's hype, and have a great leg and gross more than $150m

Image result for let's not start pulp fiction

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Of course you have zero proof of that. Even with a good score it had a disappointing opening weekend and died. 

It opened to $40M+. How is that disappointing? Its legs were disasspointing but its OW was actually pretty good. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Alien Covenant would've gone sub-40M without a good RT score.

7 minutes ago, Nova said:

It opened to $40M+. How is that disappointing? Its legs were disasspointing but its OW was actually pretty good. 

Alien Covenant did open sub-40M (it opened with $36.2 million to be exact). Have we started an accidental revisionist history? 

I think sometimes we overstate the importance of Rotten Tomatoes. I recall many people on these forums trashing the film and saying it didn't look good well before reviews came out.

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 5