Eric Duncan

Wednesday Numbers: Baby Driver $5.7M, TF5 3,25M (-43%), Cars 3 2.8M, WW 2.77M

2 hours ago, DealWithIt said:

It was a weird ass movie. Like, just really all over the place with the plot. I know, all of them have been like that but this was the first one for me that it was really, really noticeable. The action towards the end made up for it somewhat but overall definitely not a movie I'll likely watch again. Oh well, went on discount Tuesday at least.

And the final 30-45, 50 minutes of Dark of the Moon has yet to be topped in this series when it comes to action. 

I agree with this. It just seemed way too scattershot with no point to most of the characters and proceedings. 

1 minute ago, Blankments said:

Fwiw, I know at least Cinemark as a chain is suspending Cheap Tuesday on July 4 as it's a "Holiday". Still, you have an excellent point.

But Canada still has Cheap Tuesday as it isn't a holiday there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Subzero said:

What I notice since 2013 (trend on this forum) that the more Superheroes movies are being made. The more and more FAN base on both sides (DC/Marvels) on this forum. More and More threads are open, then we get lots of flame wars between the sides and it gets nasty.

Ban all Superhero Threads, that will solve it   :ph34r:

the franchise war instigators, most of them habitual offenders, would turn any thread, especially weekday/end # threads into toxic war zones. 

If only Franchise War thread can contain them... 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Subzero said:

What I notice since 2013 (trend on this forum) that the more Superheroes movies are being made. The more and more FAN base on both sides (DC/Marvels) on this forum. More and More threads are open, then we get lots of flame wars between the sides and it gets nasty.

Ban all Superhero Threads, that will solve it   :ph34r:

Yeah... When I initially came here it wasn't nearly as driven by folks that fans of superheroes movies and their box office results above all else. But, the world changed, superhero flicks rule the roost at the box office by and large now. So... What was already a vocal minority is now the vocal majority. Not to mention, some of the petty dunces from IMDB migrating here too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Same day gap between GOTG 2 and WW is now $15.2M, but this is the weekend WW should slice that gap in half or more (by July 4)...and then the race to squeak by will be on:)...

well, GotG2's memorial day weekend impeded WW's progress, now she's back on track:)

Edited by teardropmina

42 minutes ago, teardropmina said:

well, GotG2's memorial day weekend impeded WW's progress, now she's back on track:)

Spidey next weekend could slow her progress but it should be quite a race! Both seem destined for just over/under $390M. By the way, with Spidey's reception and it being crowd pleaser in the heart of summer days, if it somehow opens just over $130M+ DOM, it needs just over 3.0 multi to beat both. Which, well, yeah, I think that's happening. I think Wonder Woman will edge out Guardians Vol. 2 and Spidey will edge them both out to win the summer with something around $405M to $425M DOM.

2 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Spidey next weekend could slow her progress but it should be quite a race! Both seem destined for just over/under $390M. By the way, with Spidey's reception and it being crowd pleaser in the heart of summer days, if it somehow opens just over $130M+ DOM, it needs just over 3.0 multi to beat both. Which, well, yeah, I think that's happening. I think Wonder Woman will edge out Guardians Vol. 2 and Spidey will edge them both out to win the summer with something around $405M to $425M DOM.

Did you just steal my pre-summer prediction or join my bandwagon?:)...