WrathOfHan

Thursday Numbers: Baby Driver 3.3M | Transformers 3M | Wonder Woman 2.7M (it has surpassed BVS)

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 13

No greatness is guaranteed for a movie, even Patty and WONDR2 can go any route - good/bad/disappointing/amazing....

(all of the below are 'imo's)

On one hand -

After DOFP Singer in APOC didn't do great.

After TA Whedon in TA2 didn't do great.

After JP Spielberg in LW didn't do great.

After IM1 Favreau in IM2 didn't do great.

On the other hand -

Gunn did great with GOTG1 and 2.

Raimi did great with SM1 and 2.

Singer early on did great with X1 and X2.

Nolan had back to back Batmans.

So there Patty with WONDR2 can go either way. Hoping it will be the latter.

• Like 1

Baby Driver made $3.3M according to Deadline:

Sony-TriStar/Media Rights Capital’s Baby Driver eased 41% on Thursday for a day’s gross of $3.3Mbringing its two-day run to $9M. The Edgar Wright-directed movie easily beat Paramount’s Transformers: The Last Knight for the second day in a row; that Michael Bay movie earning an estimated $2.99M and a week-and-half tally of $85M.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

I think it has a chance to hit 800 WW.

It does have a chance at it yes but I'd bet on around 780M myself. I hope it does cross 800M though.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 6

Baby Driver weekend: 

Friday: $5.45M (+65%)

Saturday: $7.63M (+40%) 

Sunday: $5.35M (-30%) 

Total: $18.43M for 3 day and $27.43M for 5-day 

Thats my guess for it 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

Amazing. Quick, show of hands...who here thought that a Wonder Woman film starring "a 98-pound Israeli underwear model with a thick accent and no tits" would outgross the  superhero epic that would unite two male American icons such as Batman and Superman...? Anybody? 

• Like 3

Just now, Cochofles said:

Amazing. Quick, show of hands...who here thought that a Wonder Woman film starring "a 98-pound Israeli underwear model with a thick accent and no tits" would outgross the  superhero epic that would unite two male American icons such as Batman and Superman...? Anybody? 

Sigh...I'm still invisible:)...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

I think it has a chance to hit 800 WW.

I think it has a chance depending on how overseas grosses will behave, now that Transformers and Despicable Me 3 and Spidey are getting released.

I'm pretty sure that 400 million overseas for WW isn't a done deal yet. WW will probably make 400-415 million domestic and 360-370 million overseas. 

10 minutes ago, Nova said:

Baby Driver made $3.3M according to Deadline:

Sony-TriStar/Media Rights Capital’s Baby Driver eased 41% on Thursday for a day’s gross of $3.3Mbringing its two-day run to $9M. The Edgar Wright-directed movie easily beat Paramount’s Transformers: The Last Knight for the second day in a row; that Michael Bay movie earning an estimated $2.99M and a week-and-half tally of $85M.

Really good hold for BD. 15 mil 3 day looks  mostly assured