WrathOfHan

Thursday Numbers: Baby Driver 3.3M | Transformers 3M | Wonder Woman 2.7M (it has surpassed BVS)

Baby Driver is only down 7% from its true Wednesday. Not bad. WOM is only getting better on it (the audience score is up to 93% now), so I expect a leggy run.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 3

2.99 is 7.4% down from 3.23 for TF5.

4.8 +60%

6.25 +30%

5.7 -9%

16.75 (-62.4%)

seems like the best case, but Fridays this June have surprised and could go higher. My Sat and Sun are very optimistic though for the calendar (Canada Day).

Edited by a2knet

8 minutes ago, Nova said:

Baby Driver weekend: 

Friday: $5.45M (+65%)

Saturday: $7.63M (+40%) 

Sunday: $5.35M (-30%) 

Total: $18.43M for 3 day and $27.43M for 5-day 

Thats my guess for it 

Saturday will be a softer jump but Sunday will also be a softer drop.

• Like 2

Just now, Telemachos said:

Saturday will be a softer jump but Sunday will also be a softer drop.

I'm not used to making predictions for original R-rated films :ph34r:

I was like I'm probably gonna look like an idiot making these daily predictions for its weekend lol 

Im just hoping it gets over $15M for the 3-day at this point. 

4.1 for DM3

http://deadline.com/2017/06/despicable-me-3-baby-driver-the-house-july-4th-weekend-box-office-independence-day-1202122599/

Cars3 was 2.8 in previews. Same multi will give DM3 a 78-79 ow. Canada Day could also give a boost though? Monday will also be strong due to it. Reception for both movies is similar I guess.

EDIT: Weekend Thread's up http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24292-weekend-thread-dm3-41m-in-previews/

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

2.99 is 7.4% down from 3.23 for TF5.

4.8 +60%

6.25 +30%

5.7 -9%

16.75 (-62.4%)

seems like the best case, but Fridays this June have surprised and could go higher. My Sat and Sun are very optimistic though for the calendar (Canada's Holiday).

that'll be great coz I think WW will outgross TF5 this weekend. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

I'm not used to making predictions for original R-rated films :ph34r:

I was like I'm probably gonna look like an idiot making these daily predictions for its weekend lol 

Im just hoping it gets over $15M for the 3-day at this point. 

It's not the rating, it's the dates. Check out how movies acted the last time the 4th was on a Tuesday. Small Saturday jumps, very soft Sunday drops, mild Monday drops (almost like a second Sunday), Tuesday drops (which will probably be countered by Discount Tuesday), and then really harsh Wednesday drops (basically like a typical Sun->Mon drop).

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Nova said:

Baby Driver weekend: 

Friday: $5.45M (+65%)

Saturday: $7.63M (+40%) 

Sunday: $5.35M (-30%) 

Total: $18.43M for 3 day and $27.43M for 5-day 

Thats my guess for it 

I don't think this weekend will follow typical patterns.  Saturday's number will be muted and Sunday's will be a softer drop.  Then again, the last time the 4th fell on a Tuesday was 2006, so times might have changed since then but I think with Saturday and Sunday both acting as precursors to the 4th,maybe the numbers will be a bit different.

Check it out:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2006-06-30&track=cars.htm

• Like 3

3 hours ago, a2knet said:

4.1 for DM3

http://deadline.com/2017/06/despicable-me-3-baby-driver-the-house-july-4th-weekend-box-office-independence-day-1202122599/

Cars3 was 2.8 in previews. Same multi will give DM3 a 78-79 ow. Canada Day could also give a boost though? Monday will also be strong due to it. Reception for both movies is similar I guess.

Cars and DM series are not comparable.

But I guess if you compare it to other films in the series, the multiplier would have it opening to about 80 million.

• Like 4

Ecstatic that Wonder Woman beat BvS domestically. BvS does not deserve to be the highest grossing DCEU film in North America or overseas. It will keep the overseas crown though.

Baby Driver's drop seems solid to me. That's good. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Amazing. Quick, show of hands...who here thought that a Wonder Woman film starring "a 98-pound Israeli underwear model with a thick accent and no tits" would outgross the  superhero epic that would unite two male American icons such as Batman and Superman...? Anybody? 

Well, this is always fun. But, the comparisons only really apt if the receptions from critics/audiences are about even. Otherwise, this can done is just about any genre in which one movie with more status/hype/pedigree is panned while the other with a lesser pedigree is lauded and the second one comes out on top.

As in, quick show of hands... Who here thought a movie starring a bunch C-list Marvel characters named Guardians Vol. 1 would gross more than every DCEU movie until Wonder Woman? (That's Superman, Bats/Supes/Wonder Woman and Joker/Bats/Harley Quinn/Will Smith).

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Rough Night did 700k by comparison. 10M might be possible.

Wow, if it follows RN then it will do about 9.  That would be pretty horrible.

1 minute ago, baumer said:

The House grossed an estimated $800K from Thursday night shows that began at 7PM. #TheHouse #BoxOffice

Yep, a poor opening incoming. The writing was on the wall though between not screening it for critics and the rough streak R-rated comedies are on right now.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I'm pretty sure that 400 million overseas for WW isn't a done deal yet. WW will probably make 400-415 million domestic and 360-370 million overseas

Hmmm. On Wednesday WW already have 347,2 mln. It means it will be touching 360 mln on Sunday. Very strange forecast.

Edited by KeepItU25071906