WrathOfHan

Thursday Numbers: Baby Driver 3.3M | Transformers 3M | Wonder Woman 2.7M (it has surpassed BVS)

4 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Seems like a decent # for BD, especially after the preview heavy OD.

I didn't believe for one second that all of a sudden there's a huge wave of Wright fans that would make this movie THAT frontloaded, lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

Hmmm. On Wednesday WW already have 347,2 mln. It means it will be touching 360 mln on Sunday. Very strange forecast.

You think WW can make 400 million overseas?

Maybe if it explodes in Japan. In China it's already dead. DM3 and Spidey will prevent it from getting to 400 million, in my view.

I'll be glad if I'm proven wrong. 

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

now we have 4 months in 2017 that kick off with well-received CBM

March-Logan

May-GOTG2

June-WW

July-SMH

next could be, nov-thor 3 & JL

There fixed for ya ....

6 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Disney's checks will make sure of that.

:ph34r:

J/K :P 

I almost believe that with Thor the Dark World.  I think if Fox or Warner Brothers made that same movie it would have been at 50-55% on Rotten Tomatoes.  I don't think it's a conspiracy at all but I do think that certain critics go easier on the Marvel movies. Not because they're being paid money but because they think if there's a couple of chuckles in the movie then that negates all the problems.

Personally I believe that Ragnarok is going to be much better than the Dark World.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I almost believe that with Thor the Dark World.  I think if Fox or Warner Brothers made that same movie it would have been at 50-55% on Rotten Tomatoes.  I don't think it's a conspiracy at all but I do think that certain critics go easier on the Marvel movies. Not because they're being paid money but because they think if there's a couple of chuckles in the movie then that negates all the problems.

personally I believe that Ragnarok is going to be much better than the Dark World.

To be fair, top critics gave it 47%, which is about exactly right...I wouldn't recommend it, since one of the only highlights was getting more Hiddleston - I can always watch more Loki onscreen:)...

EDIT - Saw Tele's post, so not gonna continue on this tangent:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Moderation:

Please take this RT nonsense to its own thread. 

I am sorry!!! It was a joke---a bad one---that I should not have made knowing that somebody could take it personally.

I truly apologize for my stupidity. :( 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I am sorry!!! It was a joke---a bad one---that I should not have made knowing that somebody could take it personally.

I knew it was a joke. No intelligent person believes that Disney are paying the critics for good reviews. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I knew it was a joke. No intelligent person believes that Disney are paying the critics for good reviews. 

I know you did not. In my apology, I meant that somebody might have taken it personally, but I certainly knew where you were coming from with your reply. 

It sucks that I made that joke after the thread was back to normal. :(

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

45 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

40 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I know you did not. In my apology, I meant that somebody might have taken it personally, but I certainly knew where you were coming from with your reply. 

It sucks that I made that joke after the thread was back to normal. :(

I know most of you guys are joking with it -- but there's always a few people who are dead serious and feed off the jokey posts as if they were real. Y'all cool. :) 

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

BvS' second weekend drop was the most impressive thing about it.

That 1.9 multiplier was pathetic.

I can see people not giving a crap about Snyder Justice League and just wait for Wonder Woman 2.

...conversely, I can see people being on such a WW high right now that JL makes more than people's [lowered] expectations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cochofles said:

Tele's just a bit punchy today.  :)

THE WEEKLY BREAKDOWN OF WONDER WOMAN IS JUST DREAMY; WITH NEXT WEEK HOLIDAY, THE HOLD WILL CONTINUE, $400M STILL POSSIBLE!!

Edited by Finnick
  • Like 6