Nova

5-day Weekend #s: DM3 99M, BD 29.97M, WW 24.07M, TF5 24.05M, Cars 3 14.2M, House 11.9M

Looking at the Thursday numbers, there is a really good chance TF5 comes out of this weekend not having hit 100M yet after 12 days in release. Crazy. WW can hit 350M by Monday depending on the jump today, the great Thursday hold means it's playing to a different demo compared to DM3.

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

I have never watched a Despicable Me movie and I haven't had the strong urge to so I don't know what the series is exactly. I know what the series is about but I've never watched any of the movies.  I just know that my baby nephews like it and they really love the minions characters.

I'm guessing it's just a Shrek situation where they went back to the well one too many times and the film series probably hasn't been good since the second one. That's my guess but I haven't watched any of the movies, so I can't make a comment on whether what I'm saying is true. That is my guess though.

The Minions movie released 2 years ago is very very weak. I was a fan of DM1 and DM3 but thought Minions was awful.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, zackzack said:

People are delaying to watch because they got more options with loooong 4th of July weekend.

Probably. It's a great date to open a movie. Sunday, Mon, Tue and the whole week should be solid.

Edited by a2knet

13 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Why did people think that The House would be a hit again? As it got closer I thought we could all agree that it was looking like an epic dud for WB.

Ferrell has one of the most consistent box office track records (his last dud was Land of the Lost 8 years ago) and Poehler recently had a hit with Sisters (though she shared it with Tina Fey). I thin the concept just wasn't very good and the marketing was never funny, so it was pretty much doomed to fail.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Looking at the Thursday numbers, there is a really good chance TF5 comes out of this weekend not having hit 100M yet after 12 days in release. Crazy. WW can hit 350M by Monday depending on the jump today, the great Thursday hold means it's playing to a different demo compared to DM3.

Remember when Tf2 Did 200 million** in 5 days without 3D and inflation? 

Puerto Rico Lest We Forget... 

62909.jpg

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 11

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Ferrell has one of the most consistent box office track records (his last dud was Land of the Lost 8 years ago) and Poehler recently had a hit with Sisters (though she shared it with Tina Fey). I thin the concept just wasn't very good and the marketing was never funny, so it was pretty much doomed to fail.

Yes Will Ferrell is a draw comedies but those comedies have to have a good premise and look amusing and the house didn't have any of those things going for it. Not to mention that WB clearly gave up on marketing the movie because I barely saw any marketing for it. I didn't even know it was coming out until few weeks ago and I didn't even know it was rated R until couple of days ago.

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The marketing didn't really exist

• Like 3

$90-95m would be solid but I do think Minions 2 will see further declines box office wise and likewise DM4 if they decide to do a fourth film. Luckily the budgets are low enough that they could afford to do them. 

Im curious how SLOP 2 will fare, I can see that declining from the first domestic but increasing or staying flat OS. 

Discount + July 4th.

Tuesday bumps are gonna be fun :rofl:

Spoiler

And Wed will be blood bath

EDIT: Maybe not....July 4th Tuesdays are not discounted. But the bump should be big nevertheless due July 4th.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lestranger said:

Baby Driver just gonna sneak into the 20s for 5 day. That is kinda a bummer when looking at critical reception and audience score. I guess the concept or marketing was just not appealing to masses.

On the plus side, the 3-day will be higher than The House's when the reverse would usually be expected.

• Like 1

When Cars 3 late night numbers came in I remember people still being convinced that it was doing 65-70mil over the weekend. These DM3 will still do 90-95mil over the weekend projections remind me of the Cars 3 projections.