BenedictL11

Baby Driver OS Thread - $102.2M OS - $207.7M WW!!! Awesome run for this wonderful movie!!!!!!

Edgar Wright’s getaway actioner from Sony-TriStar/Working Title/Media Rights Capital raced off the block with $6.8M in 16 total offshore markets this frame. Of those, Wright’s home turf UK was the top start at $4.6M on 680 screens and off the back of strong local reviews.

The cast and director had their international premiere in Leicester Square with a 3-day junket last week, bookended by stops in Paris and Madrid. Wright has been active on Twitter all week and was given high praise by fan/director Guillermo del Toro in a 13-strong tweet endorsement. The UK start is 32% bigger than Now You See Me, which Sony is using as a main comp.

Over the same territories that opened this frame, including Holland, the launch is 13% ahead of Now You See Me.

Sony showed extended footage of the Ansel Elgort-starrer to European exhibitors at CineEurope in Barcelona last month where excitement was palpable. It had previously premiered the film at SXSW where it won the Audience Award.

Baby Driver has a long summer rollout ahead of it with Spain opening this coming weekend, followed by Australia, France, Brazil, Germany, Mexico and Russia.

https://deadline.com/2017/07/despicable-me-3-transformers-last-knight-wonder-woman-pirates-dead-men-tell-no-tales-baby-driver-overseas-weekend-results-international-box-office-1202123244/

Great start for BD. If Get Out can get to $75M+ OS with not much as much as territories as this one, I'm sure it can get to get $100M OS with this type of strong WOM.

Edited by BenedictL11

That's probably more than Transformers or The Mummy in Australia.

EDIT:Actually, exactly the same as Transformers and slightly under The Mummy.

Edited by DeeCee

TriStar Pictures and MRC’s Baby Driver added $6.2m for $23.1m internationally. Europe experienced good holds, dropping only 26% in the UK and 14% in the Netherlands. 

Australia debuted on $3.7m, including previews, from 412 screens, which is 13% ahead of Now You See Me.

Upcoming key market releases include Brazil and Germany on July 27.

Source: Screen Daily

Nice holds!

85-100M+ it's possible 

Baby Driver grossed $8.3m from 28 total markets. France led the way on $1.7m, including previews, and the action film debuted in Malaysia at number two on $620,000, including previews.

The film starring Ansel Elgort, Jon Bernthal, Jon Hamm and Eiza González stands at $34.4m with 55% of the release still to come, including Brazil and Germany this week.

I think 100M+ OS is now very likely for Baby Driver 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PanaMovie said:

Baby Driver grossed $8.3m from 28 total markets. France led the way on $1.7m, including previews, and the action film debuted in Malaysia at number two on $620,000, including previews.

The film starring Ansel Elgort, Jon Bernthal, Jon Hamm and Eiza González stands at $34.4m with 55% of the release still to come, including Brazil and Germany this week.

I think 100M+ OS is now very likely for Baby Driver 

Having China release helps its chances getting there!! :)

Baby Driver added $8.4m in 36 markets for $46.6m. Germany produced $1.2m, including previews, which is on par with Now You See Me, while Brazil produced $1.2m.

Edgar Wright’s film stands at $8.3m in Australia after adding $1.1m in its third weekend, France delivered $1.1m for $3.5m, while Malaysia added $332,000 for $1.2m after two weeks. Mexico will be the next market to release on August 10.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PanaMovie said:

Baby Driver added $8.4m in 36 markets for $46.6m. Germany produced $1.2m, including previews, which is on par with Now You See Me, while Brazil produced $1.2m.

Edgar Wright’s film stands at $8.3m in Australia after adding $1.1m in its third weekend, France delivered $1.1m for $3.5m, while Malaysia added $332,000 for $1.2m after two weeks. Mexico will be the next market to release on August 10.

$100M Overseas is still on the table. Brazil's opening was 49% better than Get Out.

Japan, Italy, Hong Kong, Russia, Mexico, China, and Korea are still countries left to release.

• Like 1

Baby Driver grossed $7m in 42 markets, lifting the international total to $57.5m. Top holdovers include France, down 33% in its third week on $745,000 for $4.7m, Germany off 35% in its second week added $630,000 for $2.1m, while the UK generated $465,000 for $15.3m, down 33% in its sixth week. The film opens in Mexico on August 10.

http://www.screendaily.com/news/wolf-warrior-2-tops-international-box-office-for-second-weekend/5120615.article?blocktitle=INTERNATIONAL-BOX-OFFICE-NEWS&contentID=40079

Very good hold for BD. $100M OS is looking stronger each day.

Edited by BenedictL11
  • Like 1

$90.9M Overseas

$10.5M Opening in China (sad about this and the fact that its WOM is so poor in that country).

$2.5M Opening in Russia ($600,000 more than Arrival).

$2.3M holdover markets

$15.3M this weekend in 50 markets with Italy, South Korea and Hong Kong left.

Should reach $100M next week despite it disappointed in China.

Edited by BenedictL11