MCKillswitch123

AND I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU! The Hitman's Bodyguard over 90M DOM club - The club's doors have closed

I'm in. 

If this hits $20M+ for OW which I think it will based on presales, it's going to hit this mark. 

Lets Be Cops made $80M+ with shittier reviews and no names in it. And that went up against GOTG's run. 

This has nothing until IT. 

IN. I'm not really interested in this movie and the trailer doesn't really sell it for me, but if it's similar to Central Intelligence in WoM, it'll do well. I may see it since I got the $4 atom ticket. That's going to convince a lot of people to see it when they otherwise might not have so OW should be good and WoM will take if from there. 

• Like 1

I think legs on this will be really good.  It looks like it will open to about 22 million.  It'll need outstanding legs to get there but with the next two weekends being dead, it's not out of the question.

1 hour ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I think legs on this will be really good.  It looks like it will open to about 22 million.  It'll need outstanding legs to get there but with the next two weekends being dead, it's not out of the question.

I do think it has a good chance to get there if it can get to $22M. I already mentioned Let's Be Cops which opened with a roughly $25M 5-day ($17M 3-day) and that got to $82.5M 

That film was competing directly with GOTG at the time. 

This movie has nothing until IT in terms of general BO competition  and then after that the only direct competition it will have is Kingsman which doesn't come out until the end of September. 

But we will see what kind of WOM this movie is really getting based on the drops this upcoming week and weekend. 

• Like 1

Updated OP w/everybody's allegiances correctly lined up.

I have an ounce of faith in this. If mostly because Baby Driver made it to 100M+ off a 29M opening, and Bad Moms also made it past 100M off a similar 3-day opening in the low 20's, so it can't be THAT much of a stretch for THB, w/zero competition in the foreseeable weeks and what seems to be good wom, to stretch all the way to 90M off a 21.6M opening...... right?

22 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I have an ounce of faith in this. If mostly because Baby Driver made it to 100M+ off a 29M opening, and Bad Moms also made it past 100M off a similar 3-day opening in the low 20's, so it can't be THAT much of a stretch for THB, w/zero competition in the foreseeable weeks and what seems to be good wom, to stretch all the way to 90M off a 21.6M opening...... right?

If you find a way to transplant summer weekdays into late August and September, sure.

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

what about tower heist or 2 guns?

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

If you find a way to transplant summer weekdays into late August and September, sure.

It still has two weeks of semi summer weekdays and has two dead weekends coming up. I'm not saying it's definitely going to get there but it certainly has a shot.

1 minute ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

It still has two weeks of semi summer weekdays and has two dead weekends coming up. I'm not saying it's definitely going to get there but it certainly has a shot.

Its is released in August 8 (no next weekend but the weekend after), only the first 2 weekends of THB are free of competition (because Logan Lucky didn't caught up).

One good thing for THB is that Mcgregor - Mayweather (August 26) does not seem to be that much of a giant event (if those event really have an effect).

Looking at let's be cops legs:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=letsbecops.htm

It does seem to soon to make it officially dead. Let's be cops made 56m after the Sunday (17th august) of is first weekend and that opened a Tuesday night, THB opened the regular Thursday and need to do 68.4m (122%).

Considered that is sunday was 108% the size of let's be cops, it is very unlikely but possible.

You use numbers way literally at times Barnack. Not everything follows a pattern. Theres always exceptions. What would u have used as a comparable when Get Out opened? :kitschjob:

16 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

You use numbers way literally at times Barnack. Not everything follows a pattern. Theres always exceptions. What would u have used as a comparable when Get Out opened? :kitschjob:

A bit of a bigger Split multiplier I guess (I would not have predicted Get Out legs correctly obviously).