CAYOM 3.0 Year 1 (2017) Discussion Thread

Since Year 1 of 3.0 will begin soon, I am creating this thread for people to talk about Year 1 (2017) specifically, as opposed to Behind the Camera, which is more for general game discussion and plans for future years.

Discuss the films you intend to make (or have made) for the year, as well as your thoughts on box office prospects, awards chances, etc.

Edited by 4815162342

Right now there's only two films I know that I will release. Both are re-releases of prior CAYOM films I made, but I will be making at least minor tweaks to them to see what if anything can be improved or streamlined.

Of course if we need spots as Part 1 comes to a close I will see if I can think of a few tiny fillers.

• Like 1

Since I'll be on vacation through the rest of the month starting next weekend and will have to prepare for school in August I'll try to write as much as I can this week. Thankfully most of my smaller releases will be reposts from Year 9/10 so that only leaves out the bigger tentpoles.

Edited by cookie

My only two "tentpoles" so far are the Mario film and Sonic film I both tried to write for a long time.

This is more of a franchise rights question but @cookie , I know you have the rights to Metroid, but is there any possibility I could use Samus as a character some kind of Nintendo team-up film? That idea is a few game years down the line that we can't even conceive of, but I was just thinking about it.

23 minutes ago, Alpha said:

My only two "tentpoles" so far are the Mario film and Sonic film I both tried to write for a long time.

This is more of a franchise rights question but @cookie , I know you have the rights to Metroid, but is there any possibility I could use Samus as a character some kind of Nintendo team-up film? That idea is a few game years down the line that we can't even conceive of, but I was just thinking about it.

Only if you use my casting for Samus (if it's animated still use the same voice) and I get a production credit. Also I want to be able to use Nintendo characters you own for cameos in future Metroid films.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, cookie said:

Only if you use my casting for Samus (if it's animated still use the same voice) and I get a production credit. Also I want to be able to use Nintendo characters you own for cameos in future Metroid films.

Sounds reasonable.

• Like 1

Good luck... but you might've just jinxed yourself :P

There's only really one release of mine I have definite future plans for, and I'm not gonna say which one it is because I'm superstitious like that. If they do well though I could probably come up with a sequel for any of my tentpoles except White Hurricane, which is really a one-and-done story.

Spaghetti's "How to Play" post says three weeks to a month, but considering this is the first game in a new iteration I feel like special discussion is warranted. The important thing is that we pick a deadline we can actually stick to - if we have to cut it off before some entries are finished we need to be willing to do so, but at the same time we should choose a date where people could realistically finish at least most of their submissions. Is October a serious suggestion? Seems long to me.

3 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Spaghetti's "How to Play" post says three weeks to a month, but considering this is the first game in a new iteration I feel like special discussion is warranted. The important thing is that we pick a deadline we can actually stick to - if we have to cut it off before some entries are finished we need to be willing to do so, but at the same time we should choose a date where people could realistically finish at least most of their submissions. Is October a serious suggestion? Seems long to me.

I tend to be a chronic procrastinator, but I'm sure if I put my mind to it, I could finish it in a time crunch.  Serious suggestion, I think it should be about 2 months, since it is a reboot of the game.