Finnick

Tuesday Numbers: SMH 15M, DM3 6.7M, BD 2.29M, WW 1.64M

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I've only gotten the JL trailer at WW, and I see most of the movies that come out.

Funny enough, I didn't get it on WW, where it would have been so obvious to get the JL trailer...

I figured I hit the jackpot tonight b/c I never get the trailers I wanna see...

I'm also surprised Disney didn't get a Thor trailer on this movie...not sure what movie they are now gonna hype it with, but this one would have been perfect!

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Funny enough, I didn't get it on WW, where it would have been so obvious to get the JL trailer...

I figured I hit the jackpot tonight b/c I never get the trailers I wanna see...

I'm also surprised Disney didn't get a Thor trailer on this movie...not sure what movie they are now gonna hype it with, but this one would have been perfect!

I got Thor at SMH, but I went to a theater that doesn't follow the ByDeluxe attachments; Black Panther was the only Disney film in that mix.

• Like 1

I saw Justice League trailer for the first time with Spider-Man: Homecoming.  It never played before Fate, Guardians or Wonder Woman.

In general, my theater seems to always play the Marvel (MCU & Fox) film trailers, but the DC ones never seem to play.  It was the same story with Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman. (and if they do play trailers for them, it was usually trailers that are dated, not the newer ones)

Really, quite annoying.

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 1

only saw the JL trailer in front of Wonder Woman

One thing that kind of annoys me in the theaters I go to though are the posters. They put posters for movies already playing everywhere and sometimes put the same poster up three times. Kind of a small thing but it bugs me lol 

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I was psyched b/c so many of you said there were no supers trailers on the movie:)...I was shocked that WB got their product seen on a Marvel movie:)...and it was the very 1st trailer, so it was a great way to start:)...

I also got the JL trailer in front of SM:H, along with Black Panther.

• Like 1

Finally got the JL trailer with my 2D showing of Homecoming. It replaced TLJ from my 3D showing while War of the Planet of the Apes replaced Valerian (literally the first time I've been to the movies since March and haven't got the trailer.) 

• Like 1

Box Office: 'Wonder Woman' Holding Better Than Any Superhero Movie in 15 Years

Word of mouth is a wondrous thing.

Look no further than Warner Bros. and DC's Wonder Woman. The summer blockbuster boasts the best hold of any superhero film in more than 15 years at the North American box office, where even the most successful summer tentpoles can catch a case of sunstroke and retreat to the shade rather quickly amid so much competition. Wonder Woman is the unusual exception.

Directed by Patty Jenkins and starring Gal Gadot, Wonder Woman is still going strong as it heads into its seventh week. The movie, grossing $371.3 million through Tuesday, is now assured of topping out at $390 million or more domestically, becoming the No. 8 comic book adaptation of all time, not accounting for inflation. And it will soon pass up Disney and Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 ($385.8 million) in North America to become the top summer earner.

That also means Wonder Woman will earn roughly 3.8 times the $103.3 million it collected when it launched over the June 2-4 weekend — the best multiple for the genre in decades. Currently, the film's multiple is 3.6, slightly ahead of the first Spider-Man in 2002. The first Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) was also a word-of-mouth sensation, sporting a 3.5 multiple, while Nolan's sequel, The Dark Knight (2008), powered to a 3.4 multiple.

Generally speaking, a multiple in the vicinity of 2.5 to 3 is considered a win for a superhero film, particularly if the opening is especially mighty, i.e., north of $120 million.

"It feels like Wonder Woman will play all the way through August," says Warners' Jeff Goldstein, president of domestic distribution. "Right now, the movie is still in about 3,000 locations. Usually, the theater count would be a fraction of that at this point."

The critically acclaimed film is also destined to become the studio's third-biggest movie domestically after The Dark Knight ($534.9 million) and The Dark Knight Rises ($448.1 million), again not accounting for inflation. It is about to pass up the final Harry Potter film ($381 million) after eclipsing American Sniper ($350.1 million) and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ($330.4 million).

'Wonder Woman'

Globally, Wonder Woman has already become the top-grossing film of all time from a female helmer with solo directing duties.

Overseas, Wonder Woman has been slower to catch on, earning roughly $380 million to date for a global total of around $750 million. Many times, the foreign box office accounts for 70 percent of a tentpole's total gross; Wonder Woman's split is currently 49 percent domestic and 51 percent international. 

Earlier this week, Ryan Reynolds and the team behind 20th Century Fox's superhero sensation Deadpool generously tweeted a congratulatory note after Wonder Woman passed up Deadpool, which posted a domestic total of $363.1 million in early 2016. Reynolds' is among many who are happy to sing Wonder Woman's praises.

"When critics and audiences are on the same page, you can pretty much bet the box office will be supercharged for the long haul," says box-office analyst Jeff Bock. "Wonder Woman is also a vehicle of female empowerment, something we don't regularly see in the superhero genre and that has made it a very unique property this summer."

Apparently the phenomenal success of WW make reporter busier than usual, even variety is now joining Forbes.....but variety still has doubt that this movie will hit $400m

Edited by titanic2187
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Box Office: 'Wonder Woman' Holding Better Than Any Superhero Movie in 15 Years

Word of mouth is a wondrous thing.

Look no further than Warner Bros. and DC's Wonder Woman. The summer blockbuster boasts the best hold of any superhero film in more than 15 years at the North American box office, where even the most successful summer tentpoles can catch a case of sunstroke and retreat to the shade rather quickly amid so much competition. Wonder Woman is the unusual exception.

Directed by Patty Jenkins and starring Gal Gadot, Wonder Woman is still going strong as it heads into its seventh week. The movie, grossing $371.3 million through Tuesday, is now assured of topping out at $390 million or more domestically, becoming the No. 8 comic book adaptation of all time, not accounting for inflation. And it will soon pass up Disney and Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 ($385.8 million) in North America to become the top summer earner.

That also means Wonder Woman will earn roughly 3.8 times the $103.3 million it collected when it launched over the June 2-4 weekend — the best multiple for the genre in decades. Currently, the film's multiple is 3.6, slightly ahead of the first Spider-Man in 2002. The first Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) was also a word-of-mouth sensation, sporting a 3.5 multiple, while Nolan's sequel, The Dark Knight (2008), powered to a 3.4 multiple.

Generally speaking, a multiple in the vicinity of 2.5 to 3 is considered a win for a superhero film, particularly if the opening is especially mighty, i.e., north of $120 million.

"It feels like Wonder Woman will play all the way through August," says Warners' Jeff Goldstein, president of domestic distribution. "Right now, the movie is still in about 3,000 locations. Usually, the theater count would be a fraction of that at this point."

The critically acclaimed film is also destined to become the studio's third-biggest movie domestically after The Dark Knight ($534.9 million) and The Dark Knight Rises ($448.1 million), again not accounting for inflation. It is about to pass up the final Harry Potter film ($381 million) after eclipsing American Sniper ($350.1 million) and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ($330.4 million).

'Wonder Woman'

Globally, Wonder Woman has already become the top-grossing film of all time from a female helmer with solo directing duties.

Overseas, Wonder Woman has been slower to catch on, earning roughly $380 million to date for a global total of around $750 million. Many times, the foreign box office accounts for 70 percent of a tentpole's total gross; Wonder Woman's split is currently 49 percent domestic and 51 percent international. 

Earlier this week, Ryan Reynolds and the team behind 20th Century Fox's superhero sensation Deadpool generously tweeted a congratulatory note after Wonder Woman passed up Deadpool, which posted a domestic total of $363.1 million in early 2016. Reynolds' is among many who are happy to sing Wonder Woman's praises.

"When critics and audiences are on the same page, you can pretty much bet the box office will be supercharged for the long haul," says box-office analyst Jeff Bock. "Wonder Woman is also a vehicle of female empowerment, something we don't regularly see in the superhero genre and that has made it a very unique property this summer."

Apparently the phenomenal success of WW make reporter busier than usual, even variety is now joining Forbes.....but variety still has doubt that this movie will hit $400m

Not bad for a movie many thought was gonna flop

Edited by DlAMONDZ
  • Like 2

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/07/13/wonder-woman-mixes-the-best-elements-of-the-best-superhero-films-into-an-original-stew/#1d7aeefb5a7a

Wonder Woman earned $1.26 million yesterday, a drop of 39% from last Wednesday. So it's not going to drop below $1m per day until next Monday at the earliest, but that's a post for next week. The film has now earned $372.558m in 41 days, which is just $1.272m behind Spider-Man's respective (unadjusted) 41-day total. Unless it earned absolutely nothing overseas over the last three days, it should be just over/under $755m worldwide, so it will probably start the weekend by passing The Amazing Spider-Man ($757m) and Maleficent ($758m).

• Like 4