WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

• Community Manager
12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

:kitschjob: 

I could be wrong and I'll see it but I've felt like I knew what was going to happen. I guess I've just encountered the monster that's only understood by an outcast of society premise enough that it didn't appear like nothing I've never seen before lol.

Ah, to be young.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I will be seeing the movie a second time as soon as humanly possible.

but you have been to the movies 50-60 times this year, haven't you :redcapes:

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

A lot of positive reactions from Apes give the indication that it's not repeat-viewing friendly.

I loved it but I have zero desire to see it again in theaters. Matt Reeves is a great director so I'll likely get the blu-ray.

4 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I could be wrong and I'll see it but I've felt like I knew what was going to happen. I guess I've just encountered the monster that's only understood by an outcast of society premise enough that it didn't appear like nothing I've never seen before lol.

Ah, to be young.

I mean, that's nothing new. Visually speaking, though?

Image result for vince mcmahon gif

Plus Michael Shannon (who SHOULD have won Supporting Actor this year AINEC) looks fucking great in it.

Edited by WrathOfHan

• Community Manager
Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I mean, that's nothing new. Visually speaking, though?

Image result for vince mcmahon gif

Plus Michael Shannon looks fucking great in it.

Ummm it kinda looked like some of the old Del Toro flicks....

:ph34r:

Just now, Cochofles said:

Someone should make a study that gauges what films in history have had the most repeat business. It would be interesting to see what themes help make a movie a must-watch-again thing. 

There was a survey (granted, it's a small website, but it's something) about what movies people have watched the most.  It's what you'd expect: STAR WARS, WIZARD OF OZ, SOUND OF MUSIC, LOTR, GONE WITH THE WIND, GODFATHER, PRINCESS BRIDE, SHAWSHANK, HARRY POTTER, etc.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/whats-the-most-rewatchable-movie-of-all-time/

• Like 2

• Community Manager
Just now, CJohn said:

Exactly, we don't him back to his shitty #casual roots known as Pacific Rim.

This makes no sense. It's a good thing it looked like his old flicks but we don't want him back to his roots? Make up your damn mind.

1 hour ago, baumer said:

If Spider-Man would have done 19, which anybody that has been following the box office or has access to box office numbers knows full well that it was impossible for it to jump up 120 per cent,

Then it would have defied the law of the box office. So yes it is impossible for it to do 19 and 5 minutes after you wrote your post rth came along and confirmed 14 LOL.

You say impossible, I say just not done yet:)...there will be a movie that does it...it will just take the right one in the right circumstances...

Every time a movie has a run never done before, it achieves what was before impossible...I've spent since 1999 watching DOM movie runs...and every year, at least one does the impossible...so, I have learned to never write off anything until the actual number arrives...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

There was a survey (granted, it's a small website, but it's something) about what movies people have watched the most.  It's what you'd expect: STAR WARS, WIZARD OF OZ, SOUND OF MUSIC, LOTR, GONE WITH THE WIND, GODFATHER, PRINCESS BRIDE, SHAWSHANK, HARRY POTTER, etc.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/whats-the-most-rewatchable-movie-of-all-time/

Surprise Avatar, Frozen and Rocky Horror wasn't on the list .... :D

• Like 1