1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

7.1M

5M (-30%)

4.5M (-10%)

7.2M (+60%)

10.1M (+40%)

7.6M (-25%)

24.9M Weekend, 56% drop

Solid prediction. I think Dunkirk will do bigger damage on Friday but then it should bounce back being a family friendly flick. I'm thinking:

Friday 6.5m

Saturday 9.6m

Sunday 7.2m

23.3m weekend

4 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Solid prediction. I think Dunkirk will do bigger damage on Friday but then it should bounce back being a family friendly flick. I'm thinking:

Friday 6.5m

Saturday 9.6m

Sunday 7.2m

23.3m weekend

I think he was talking about Apes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

WW is making the most out of June and July summer weekdays.

Hopefully, they announce at Comic Con that WW2 will be out on June 2020.

I think WW2 is obviously the June 2020 spot as well. I think it could have a GV2 increase depending on competition.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

A 36% Tuesday jump for Shaking My Head. I can dig it.

Not to be that guy but its still down more than 50% from last Tuesday.

• Like 2

Personally,i'm kinda dissapointed in SMH.I really thought this could break out and do 350M.Hell i had it at 370M leading to its release.A good bump  is nothing to get excited over when the previous day was very weak.

I am even more dissapointed in amercan audiences though.How can they reject Apes like that?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Personally,i'm kinda dissapointed in SMH.I really thought this could break out and do 350M.Hell i had it at 370M leading to its release.A good bump  is nothing to get excited over when the previous day was very weak.

I am even more dissapointed in amercan audiences though.How can they reject Apes like that?

They didn't reject Apes but Apes simply didn't expand the audience it built with previous 2 movies. That's all that happened. Nothing unusual. Franchises like F&F (between F4 and F7) are rare but even they all max out eventually and start to decline (F8). 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 4

As if that WW number wasn't surprising enough, Girls Trip has inched up to 91% with 23 reviews on RT. We may have a breakout hit in the making here. I still think $40M+ OW is not just a dream for this film. Not a guarantee but not far-fetched, either.

Edited by LonePirate
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, LonePirate said:

As if that WW number wasn't surprising enough, Girls Trip has inched up to 91% with 23 reviews on RT. We may have a breakout hit in the making here.

Dunkirk and Girl's trip breaking out and Valerian not flopping would be awesome. All 3 are catering to different audiences so that's a great counterprogramming. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

They didn't reject Apes but Apes simply didn't expand the audience it built with previous 2 movies. That's all that happened. Nothing unusual. Franchises like F&F (between F4 and F7) are rare but even they all max out eventually and start to decline (F8). 

Unless you find a way to re-expand the audience...Apes didn't even try that route...

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

It can happen. I mean WW is in a lot of ways like SM1. And if you want you can count JL and BVS as WW movies. 

Homecoming is a massive success at the end of the day as it along with GV2 and WW (to an extent) to increase from it's predecessors and is looking at $300M/$800M+ but we might've overpredicted it like we do most MCU teamups.

So how often does the sixth movie in a franchise make 300 m?

Spoiler

Out of 170 franchises, it's happened only five times, including Spider-man.

It's not easy at all assuming you get five sequels.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Unless you find a way to re-expand the audience...Apes didn't even try that route...

Very true. F&F found the way and Harry Potter also bounced back nicely. PoA may have been the lowest grossing but that was also the movie that kind of signaled to teens that it was cool to be into HP (Columbus opus was too kiddie). So that changed the game and the rest of movies pretty much went up. 

@grey ghost yes, SMH is a success by any standard except over inflated Tomato Law expectations. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I'm wondering if GV3 can get an Avenger style bump after IW.

I think we have reached a stage where IW gonna get a GV2-bump.

• Like 1

6th Movie for a Comic-Book Character:

Batman Begins or The Dark Knight: 207 m or 535 m and thought to be a success by Marvel fans, DC fans, and general audience

Man of Steel: 291 m thought to be a failure by Marvel fans, thought to be a success by DC fans

Spider-man Homecoming: ~300 m thought to be a success by Marvel fans, thought to be a failure by DC fans

Take away the bias. Take away the RT-tinged glasses. Consider the box-office numbers, the merchandising, the marketing partnerships, the association with sequels and other tie-ins...all screams success to me...

Btw, I enjoyed Spider-man Homecoming much more than I did Wonder Woman, but I am very glad BOTH are successful movies. Too bad the best movies of the summer excluding these two, when their box office numbers are all combined, will be just a fraction of the super-hero take. I thought Apes was better than both.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Friday 6.5m

Saturday 9.6m

Sunday 7.2m

23.3m weekend

I dont think the Dunkirk audience is similar to SMH, should not affect it too much.

• Like 1