Rorschach

Favorite Characters in Media

I've always been fascinated when asking people about their favorite characters and why. It's always interesting to hear and it tells me a lot about the person I'm asking. I want to ask the same question to you guys: Who are your favorite characters in media and why? Did they inspire you? Did they make you laugh? Did they intrigue you? Did they steal every scene they were in? Did their heroics or villainy draw you into them? Are they the characters you think of when someone mentions the movie or show they are from? Explain why they mean a lot to you. You can include any character from pretty much any form of media. Movies, Television, Video games, Books, Comics, etc. Idc. 

Here are a few of mine and reasons why:

-Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird: Honestly, he is one of the reasons I wanted to create this list. He is such an inspiring, honorable man but he's also so down to earth. He stands up for what he believes, even in the face of adversity and his own life. Definitely my favorite hero of all time.

-Batman: What more can I say? It's fucking Batman man. 

-Rorschach from Watchmen: He's definitely not right in the head but he is one of the most complex and interesting characters in media PERIOD. 

-Gollum from The Lord of the Rings: In a way, I see him as both a villain and a hero at the same time. While the ring's influence on him ultimately destroyed his life and led him down a path of darkness, he pretty much saves Middle Earth in the end thanks to his unwillingness to be separated from his "precious" and destroying it (unintentionally but still)

-Captain America from the MCU: An embodiment of the values of America and also a tragic figure at the same time.

-The Eds from Ed Edd n Eddy: My personal favorite comedic characters. Every time I see them, I can't help but smile.

-Gromit from Wallace and Gromit: Even though he never makes a sound, he always shows so much emotion with only his body language.

-Judge Claude Frollo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame: My favorite Disney villain. An extremely badass, complex villain.

-Eric Cartman from South Park: His spoiled, crazy character always seems to bring a smile to my face.

-Rick from Rick and Morty: Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

-Light Yagami and L from Death Note: Seeing these two engage in a constant battle of wits with one other created some of the greatest on-screen conflict ever.

-Alex Delarge from A Clockwork Orange: A man who lives in violence and is completely obsessed by it. Betrayed and ultimately forced to reform against his own will, subjugated to the society's cruel, unforgiving nature, and ultimately winds up coming back full circle. Absolutely brilliant character arc.