lab276

Rank the Books and the Films

The staple thread.Books1. Order of the Phoenix2. Goblet of Fire3. Deathly Hallows4. Prisoner of Azkaban5. Philosopher's Stone6. Half-Blood Prince7. Chamber of SecretsFilms1. Prisoner of Azkaban2. Goblet of Fire3. Deathly Hallows Part 14. Philosopher's Stone5. Chamber of Secrets6. Half-Blood Prince7. Deathly Hallows Part 28. Order of the Phoenix

Books:1. Deathly Hallows2. Order of the Phoenix3. Half-Blood Prince4. Goblet of Fire5. Prisoner of Azkaban6. Sorcerer's Stone7. Chamber of SecretsFilms1. Deathly Hallows Part 22. Deathly Hallows Part 13. Prisoner of Azkaban4. Half-Blood Prince5. Sorcerer's Stone6. Order of the Phoenix7. Chamber of Secrets8. Goblet of FireHBP would have been above PoA if someone like Desplat had scored it.

Edited by Noctis

Books:Half Blood PrinceDeathly HallowsOrder of the PhoenixGoblet of FireChamber of SecretsPrisoner of AzkabanSorcerer's StoneFilms:Deathly Hallows Part 1/2Half Blood PrincePrisoner of AzkabanOrder of the PhoenixChamber of SecretsGoblet of FireSorcerer's StoneThe films are a bit confusing for me. There are scenes in HBP that make me think its my favorite, and I'm completely undecided between DH1 and 2, so as of now I'm ranking them as one film. Also, I feel like watching the full extended cuts one day will affect my views on each one. If OOTP is what I hear it is, it could shoot up past POA, and some of what was taken out of GOF makes me feel like it could as well.

That's a bit misleading. Of course PS, released in 1997 will have sold more copies then OOTP, released 6 years later.Also, the longer books are better because there's just more going on, they're more interesting.

Edited by lab276

Well, I once was obsessed with Potter book sales and even created a ranking (most Potter book sales per capita). The list looked like that:1) USA/UK2) France3) Germany (includes Switzerland/Austria)4) Australia5) Japan6) ItalyOf course for many countries like Russia and so on I could not find any sales numbers. But -- yeah -- the Aussies seem to be among the true Potter fanatics on this planet... ;)

Films1. Deathly Hallows Part 22. Deathly Hallows Part 13. Half Blood Prince4. Goblet of Fire5. Prisoner of Azkaban6. Philosopher's Stone7. Chamber of Secrets8. Order of the Phoenix

Its interesting Potter fans in this forum always rank the best-selling and therfore most popular Potters at the lower end of their lists.

The majority of the people who DID finish seven books rank the last four higher than the first three. And it's not a surprise, it's because they're better books.I don't know if you've noticed, but there is something incredibly condescending in the way you post.

Films1. Deathly Hallows Part 22. Deathly Hallows Part 13. Prisoner of Azkaban4. Order of the Phoenix5. Half Blood Prince6. Goblet of Fire7. Sorcerers Stone8. Chamber of SecretsBooksDeathly HallowsOrder of the PhoenixGoblet of FireHalf Blood PrinceSorcerers StonePrisoner of AzkabanChamber of SecretsHBP was good and looked great, but i thought they played the romantic comedy aspect of it way too much. Had an overall better and entertaining viewing experience with OOTP. POA is third purely because of the way Cuaron changed the whole landscape and look of the series. The books are pretty self explanatory, most of us seem to like the last four in some sequence the best.

Books

1. Prisoner of Azkaban

2. Goblet of Fire

3. Deathly Hallows

4. Sorcerer's Stone

5. Order of the Phoenix

6. Chamber of Secrets

7. Half-Blood Prince

Films

1. Prisoner of Azkaban

2. Deathly Hallows Pt. 2

3. Goblet of Fire

4. Deathly Hallows Pt. 1

5. Order of the Phoenix

6. Sorcerer's Stone

7. Half-Blood Prince

8. Chamber of Secrets

The last three Potter films are absolutely gorgeous visually.But, does anyone else think Serra's cinematography was a bit too dark during some of the night scenes in DH2? Hell, the first shot of Voldemort/Harry jumping off the tower was a vivid blue, but in the end, it was black. I don't know why he didn't put as much color as was intended.

Edited by Noctis