lab276

Rank the Books and the Films

Films1. Deathly Hallows Part 22. Deathly Hallows Part 13. Half Blood Prince4. Goblet of Fire5. Prisoner of Azkaban6. Philosopher's Stone7. Chamber of Secrets8. Order of the Phoenix

Hmmm I would probably move HBP to 1st
  • Like 1

druv10, you made it seem like you hated DH2 in the Avengers thread.

I don't hate it plus I like TA much more. TA is the perfect comic book movie to me. DH2 is well made but Its not as good as POA/DH1.

Your opinion sucks. FACT.

My problem with David Yates is:He can't create genuine emotion, not succeeded in any of the deaths in the fifth, sixth and the whole eighth movie. the unique time successful were The Prince's Tale and the Dobby Death. In the Dumbledore's death I shed ONE tear only(and I think it was part of the music, the same used Dumbledore's death ), just remembering my reaction to Dumbledore's death in the book.... oh god.and about the eighth movie, I refuse to like it.Because the part I liked most in all series, which was when Harry was going to meet Voldermorte to die, I felt totally apathetic, I know that the director tried to make good a touching scene.I remember crying since when harry discovers dumbledore's plans for him to until voldemort's Avada Kedavra. Edited by Goffe Rises

We asked for something amazing and WB delivered with a great film franchise, so what do haters do, bitch about it not being the greatest franchise.

I knew it. Like I said back in 2009, HBP will be looked at more fondly once the two DH films were over.

I thought you didn't like Half Blood Prince... Or maybe that was Goblet. Anyway, I am not surprised either. It is probably the 3rd easiest to understand after Sorcerer's Stone and Goblet of Fire. It has action, adventure, humor, and romance. It is the perfect Harry Potter adaption that even those who hate the series could enjoy.

Books

1. Half-Blood Prince

2. Deathly Hallows

3. Prisoner of Azkaban

4. Goblet of Fire

5. Philosophers Stone

6. Order of the Phoenix

7. Chamber of Secrets

It was difficult ranking them because I like all the books. Although I'm not much of a fan of the Order of the Phoenix. That's probably mostly because I haven't read it in a long time and I didn't like the movie though...

Movies:

1. Deathly Hallows Part II

2. Deathly Hallows Part I

3. Half-Blood Prince

4. Goblet of Fire

5. Philosophers Stone

6. Prisoner of Azkaban

7. Chamber of Secrets

8. Order of the Phoenix

Much easier to rank. The last 3 movies I love and hold to a much higher degree then the rest of the series. Goblet of Fire I really like as well but that's mostly cause of the personal connection I have to it, as it was the first I saw in theaters and that was around the time I first started getting into Harry Potter. Chamber and Stone I really like but on a different level then the others, they are just too different for me to truly compare. I probably wouldn't like Chamber as much if I saw them all for the first time right now but The first two books and movies my dad read to me and I watched them with him so they hold a lot of good memories for me. Prisoner of Azkaban I have a mixed feeling towards, it wasn't really as good as the others but there was still something about it that appealed to me. Order of the Phoenix was the only one I didn't really like. I just found it boring and not very exciting.

I really do love reading HBP and I find myself grabbing either HBP or GOF Blurays when I want to watch a Potter movie.I'm not sure why but HBP is my favourite book/film.

Unscientific results based on rankings in this thread:1) Deathly Hallows Part 2 - 220 points2) Deathly Hallows Part 1 - 205 points3) Prisoner of Azkaban - 188 Points4) Goblet of Fire - 141 Points5) Half-Blood Prince - 137 Points6) The Sorcerer's Stone - 121 Points7) Order of the Phoenix - 104 Points8) Chamber of Secrets - 73 Points

1. Deathly Hallows: Part 12. Deathly Hallows: Part 23. Prisoner of Azkaban4. Goblet of Fire5. Half-Blood Prince6. Sorcerer's Stone7. Order of the Phoenix8. Chamber of SecretsI love the magical atmosphere of the first two movies, the dark and ominous tone of the third and fourth ones, and the miserable, desperate, and oppressive nature of the last 3. The Deathly Hallows movies never fail to bring tears to my eyes, something no other movie can do. DH1 is full of very emotionally powerful scenes and has several of my top ten favorite scenes from the franchise. It's unlike any other Potter film, and I absolutely adore it, but it makes me cry because it's depressing. In particular, the "O' Children" song really brings out the maturity of the film and how much the series has changed and makes you realize that you have changed too, from when you were a child first stumbling upon Harry Potter. And DH2 has the overall ebst scene (Prince's Tale) which always makes me cry.I hate letting it go each year when I watch all 8 movies around Christmas time. The first few start to get a bit tiresome to watch, but it makes the last two all the more bitter for me. I hate letting them go each year, because of those two movies. Yet I don't think I could watch just DH1 or DH2 by themselves because it wouldn't be nearly as powerful as watching them after having watched the first 6 in order.

• Like 3

I've been meaning to read the books again as its been a few years since I read them

But as it stands now:

Books

1. Order of the Phoenix

2. Deathly Hallows

3. Half-Blood Prince

4. Goblet of Fire

5. Prisoner of Azkaban

6. Sorcerer's Stone

7. Chamber of Secrets

Movies

1. Prisoner of Azkaban

2. Deathly Hallows Part 1

3. Deathly Hallows Part 2

4. Half-Blood Prince

5. Goblet of Fire

6. Order of the Phoenix

7. Sorcerer's Stone

8. Chamber of Secrets

Books: 

1. Deathly Hallows

2. Sorcerer's Stone

3. Half Blood Prince

4. Chamber of Secrets

5. Goblet of Fire

6. Prisoner of Azkaban

7. Order of the Phoenix

Movies:

1. Half Blood Prince

2. Sorcerer's Stone

3. Deathly Hallows Part 2

4. Deathly Hallows Part 1

5. Chamber of Secrets

6. Goblet of Fire

7. Prisoner of Azkaban

8. Order of the Phoenix

books

order of the phoenix

deathly hallows

prisoner of azkaban

half-blood prince

goblet of fire

chamber of secrets

philosopher's stone

movies

half-blood prince

deathly hallows 1

prisoner of azkaban

deathly hallows 2

order of the phoenix

goblet of fire

philosopher's stone

chamber of secrets

Edited by lisa

Films1. Prisoner of Azkaban2. Deathly Hallows Part 13. Half-Blood Prince4. Philosopher's Stone5. Goblet of Fire6. Chamber of Secrets7. Deathly Hallows Part 28. Order of the PhoenixHaving recently rewatched them. GOF looks deceptively low.