the beast

Tuesday Numbers - Dunkirk: $1.84M / Annabelle - $4.54M / Wonder Woman - $250K

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

My projections were fairly reasonable using historical comparisons. Stop being so bitter.

Like the time you said it would drop over 50% when it hadn't touched a 40% drop the prior 3 weekends and then it ended up having a 32% drop? Or the time you said that optimistically you saw a minimum 40% drop the week it fell less than 30%?

:redcapes: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

40 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

My projections were fairly reasonable using historical comparisons. Stop being so bitter.

Your projections all failed.

Repeatedly.

Week after week.

Stop being so salty about a film you disliked smashing your biased predictions...

• Thanks 1

WrathOfHan is 17? The whole point of being 17 is making mistakes and learning from experience. At that age, we were all pretty stubborn, and biased by whatever coming-of-age experience we've had so far in life. For Han, in terms of Box Office, that's been the last three years. Each WB film just reminds him of Jupiter Rising and Pan. No need to take his predictions personally. Grow older and grow wiser.

• Like 7

i am VERY curious to see what moviepass new admission plan is going to do to some of the dailies.  i was a part of their beta program and stayed with it for two years until they raised the price in nashville to 50/month.  

but 10 a month is a no brainer and its spread like wildfire on social media.  idk how long they can sustain the business model but I am interested to see if people start jumping at the opportunity and we se some real sway in the numbers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RyneOh1040 said:

i am VERY curious to see what moviepass new admission plan is going to do to some of the dailies.  i was a part of their beta program and stayed with it for two years until they raised the price in nashville to 50/month.  

but 10 a month is a no brainer and its spread like wildfire on social media.  idk how long they can sustain the business model but I am interested to see if people start jumping at the opportunity and we se some real sway in the numbers.

This is until AMC finds a way to stick a fork in it.

1 hour ago, UrosepsisFace said:

WrathOfHan is 17? The whole point of being 17 is making mistakes and learning from experience.

Hell, you wouldn't believe the mistakes I was making at 27. Can't imagine what I'll be screwing up when I'm 37. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

This is until AMC finds a way to stick a fork in it.

I saw AMC's $5 Tuesdays til Nov 1 as a response to Moviepass...you can do 2 movies there with guaranteed seats vs using the App to try to get 2 other movies any other day...competition is good for family movie goers:)...

I made the same point on the Monday thread...we are likely to see some July-type weekday holds in a week or two as people get all their cards from the sign ups and show up for anything b/c folks always try to use these 1st thing before forgetting about them...

And IT should be the 1st big movie to benefit...whatever number people were calling for before, I'd add $10M to their OW guess and probably $30M to the final gross...since these tickets will count at some type of "full cost" to BO...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, RyneOh1040 said:

Did I read somewhere that they will limit it to 100k new members (or maybe that it was there hopes/expectation) ?

If so, that would be a limited impact, if 100% of the users go to a movie and none them would have gone otherwise, it will be less than a million dollar difference on the complete movie runs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Did I read somewhere that they will limit it to 100k new members (or maybe that it was there hopes/expectation) ?

If so, that would be a limited impact, if 100% of the users go to a movie and none them would have gone otherwise, it will be less than a million dollar difference on the complete movie runs.

That was its aim - to get from 20K to 100K users by 2018...I think they may have blown past that yesterday...

And you are assuming single viewing of movies...how many folks on here, likeliest for this plan, limit themselves to single viewings...I mean, Dunkirk has been seen 5 times by folks?  WW at least 6-7 times?  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RyneOh1040 said:

It's unsustainable in the long term with a large subscription base but they can gather some data with a smaller to reasonable size base and sell the information in the short term.