That One Girl

Weak-end Thread | Hitman's Bodyguard 21.6M; Annabelle 15.5M; Logan Lucky 8M; Dunkirk 6.7M | Wonder Woman beats Spider-Man and is now at 404M

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Should be about a $20M opening for The Hitman's Bodyguard since I doubt it's very frontloaded. Competition coming up is really light so it should have decent staying power for a $60-70M total, which would make it the second biggest comedy of the year behind Girls Trip (remember when R-rated comedies were surefire moneymakers? Those days feel long ago).

At $30m, it's going to be a modest hit for Lionsgate. 

7 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Annabelle: Creation is exploding in Mexico as expected, tracking for at least $8m-$9m OW, biggest OW for TCU, and may be the fifth biggest OW of year.

Latin America is gonna deliver the goods.

I got the trailer for Brad's Status, and the AMC card at the end says it's limited on September 15 and goes wide the following week. It'll be interesting to see how Amazon fares as a distributor because this is their first movie not releasing through another studio.

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Logan Lucky is a very fun and sweet movie. I think it's a tad long, but it's always engaging throughout. It's definitely in my Top 5 of the year so far.

RE numbers: I suppose that's alright for both. 

a totally opposite of LOGAN???

They shared the same RT score of 93%

Edited by titanic2187
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I got the trailer for Brad's Status, and the AMC card at the end says it's limited on September 15 and goes wide the following week. It'll be interesting to see how Amazon fares as a distributor because this is their first movie not releasing through another studio.

BOM says it's being distributed by Annapurna.

3 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

BOM says it's being distributed by Annapurna.

Their logo is nowhere in the trailer, and Wikipedia says Amazon is distributing it. Death Wish was going to be distributed by them too, but now MGM is doing it on their own.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Audience Scores:

Logan Lucky: 78%

Hitman's Bodyguard: 72%

Central Intelligence was at 74% on its day of release for comparison.

Seems good to me for THB considering its critics score is 30% lower than Central Intelligence. 

Will most likely play closer to Atomic Blonde over the weekend rather than Dark Tower. No built-in fan base, better WOM etc.

Guess that means the hype in my small town was definitely inflated compared to real world anticipation. Oh well, I'm cool with it overperforming here, as it's my last chance to rake in some extra shifts until It.