That One Girl

Weak-end Thread | Hitman's Bodyguard 21.6M; Annabelle 15.5M; Logan Lucky 8M; Dunkirk 6.7M | Wonder Woman beats Spider-Man and is now at 404M

Fantastic for Girls Trip and totally deserved. 

Funniest film of the year hands down. 

Hopefully Annabelle has a decent hold this weekend. 

Im a bit surprised at Hitmans Bodyguard. That could've done less than $10m and I wouldn't be surprised. It looks direct-to-streaming to me. Nothing screams out that it needs to be seen in cinemas. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

M8 he already saw THB!

I saw THB at a screening for free. Anytime I go to a free screening whether that's by invite from my friend or through the AMC stubs program and I enjoy it, I like to pay to watch it when it comes out. I think that's only fair. 

Now if the movie is a complete turd like Emoji Movie, im not paying a penny. 

But I would pay to see THB twice anyways because I enjoyed it that much lol 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Had someone phone work last night and asked me if they think we would be playing It in September or if it would be a "very limited release"

Very limited release. 

Tell them theaters are going into hibernation for the fall in preparation for the Last Jedi and are not interested in making any money until then. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Had someone phone work last night and asked me if they think we would be playing It in September or if it would be a "very limited release"

Tickets are already available at every Cineworld cinema here in the UK for midnights and the first full week of release.

And the seats are already selling! 

• Like 1

Just now, Nova said:

Very limited release. 

Tell them theaters are going into hibernation for the fall in preparation for the Last Jedi and are not interested in making any money until then. 

Only exception in the hibernation period is an ultrawide release (4700+ theaters) for My Little Pony: The Movie, but only for half a day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Logan Lucky is a very fun and sweet movie. I think it's a tad long, but it's always engaging throughout. It's definitely in my Top 5 of the year so far.

RE numbers: I suppose that's alright for both. 

LL actors aren't going to suffer one bit from this opening cause they all earned raves and Soderberg will give them glowing recommendations to other big directors. It's a well reviewed low-key movie. They don't hurt anyone. It's Norbits and Pluto Nash's that do. 

• Like 1