That One Girl

Weak-end Thread | Hitman's Bodyguard 21.6M; Annabelle 15.5M; Logan Lucky 8M; Dunkirk 6.7M | Wonder Woman beats Spider-Man and is now at 404M

2 minutes ago, That Floating Guy said:

Logan Lucky was great as hell.  I was one of the only ones laughing in the theater though and it was about 25% full (so around 70 people in the theater).  Make of that what you will

Everyone in my audience (of 17) was into it, but I can easily see some people in the GA being turned off by its unpolished (right word?) style.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

The thing that really kind of surprised me about The hitman's Bodyguard is that Ryan Reynolds was not the funniest person in it. Samuel Jackson absolutely freaking kills this movie. He's awesome in it and not just when he's saying swear words LOL

• Like 1

Just now, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

The thing that really kind of surprised me about The hitman's Bodyguard is that Ryan Reynolds was not the funniest person in it. Samuel Jackson absolutely freaking kills this movie. He's awesome in it and not just when he's saying swear words LOL

Samuel L Jackson had me cracking the fuck up. His facial expressions throughout the film had me dying 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

That's surprising? SLJ>RR. Always. :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Salma Hayek was funnier than Ryan Reynolds. He did have his moments though. 

Damn, Double Toasted's opinions on this week's releases were nothing like I expected (tagged if you want to listen to/watch the reviews)

Spoiler

Martin liked THB a lot while Korey (Coleman; Goodwin and Girts didn't see either release) wasn't hot on it. Martin almost gave it a full price, but the third act dragged it down too much for him. Korey gave it a rental saying that even though RR and SLJ have great chemistry, the film is way too generic, has weak and abundant action, and simply isn't funny.

OTOH, neither were big fans of Logan Lucky. Korey gave it a low matinee while Martin gave it a rental. Both liked the performances by everyone but felt the movie was WAY too long. Martin compared it to Hail Caesar in that it's a lot of actors having fun with a good director in a great setting but without the material to elevate it.

Just now, That Floating Guy said:

Logan Lucky was terrifically paced, I thought it never dragged at all.  I was surprised it was nearly 2 hours long, it felt like an 80 minute film.

It was well paced, but I started feeling the runtime in the last 20-25 minutes. If the film was about 10-15 minutes shorter it would have been better IMO

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nova said:

Logan Lucky's biggest mistake was moving into this weekend when the studio already knew another action comedy aimed at the male demo was being released. 

That to me is just stupidity and I'll never understand why they chose to do that. 

5 hours ago, junkshop36 said:

Yea, sometimes I don't understand how studios decide what weekend to put some of their movies on. 

"Hey, what weekend should we realease our mostly male driven comedy heist film?"

"How about the same weekend as that RR/SLJ starring, mostly male driven action buddy comedy!!"

"GENIOUS!!"

Bumblebee: "Oh hi there Aquaman"

• Like 1