Automatically embedding has been temporarily turned off until the Twitter bug has been fixed. This will only affect new posts made. Once the issue has been fixed, automatic embedding will return. It is possible to manually embed content I believe. If you quote a post with an embedded tweet, please delete the tweet.

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

CJohn

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales | The Final Adventure Begins May 26, 2017 | New Trailer on Page 242

5,336 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, somebody85 said:

I think she was only 18 when Curse filmed though so at least it's a little more believable? Yeah....maybe not.

I wonder if Pintel, Ragetti and the two bumbling soldiers Jack meets in the original have cameos in this.

doesn't look like Pintel and Ragetti are in it but the two soldiers are credited.

3 people like this

If this is indeed the last Pirates film, I don't understand why they didn't give Knightley and Bloom bigger roles, they are the co-leads of the first trilogy and when they left, Stranger Tides was the worst recieved in the series and plummeted in box office numbers, they were actually my favorite characters in the series. (especially Knightley in the first one) and why aren't they advertising Bloom in the campaign at all? it seems like one of thier biggest draws to bring people back to series, it's not like it is a secret he is in it. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, Kalo said:

If this is indeed the last Pirates film, I don't understand why they didn't give Knightley and Bloom bigger roles, they are the co-leads of the first trilogy and when they left, Stranger Tides was the worst recieved in the series and plummeted in box office numbers, they were actually my favorite characters in the series. (especially Knightley in the first one) and why aren't they advertising Bloom in the campaign at all? it seems like one of thier biggest draws to bring people back to series, it's not like it is a secret he is in it. 

Probably so they don't give away their roles in the advertising. Hell the domestic trailers don't even show Knightley. A type of mystery box marketing 

Edited by John Marston

28 minutes ago, Kalo said:

His role might be too small that people will get upset if they over market it.

I believe Knightley passed on 4 and didn't really wanna do another one, so getting her on set for a few days ways probably all she wanted to do. 

3 people like this

6 hours ago, Leyla said:

critics never liked these films (aside from the first more or less) so I dont care much about their opinions...

this. POTC trilogy is anything but bland yet critics keep giving bland, interchangable, formulaic movies a pass and more than a pass, but POTC:DMC and AWE ended up rotten. AWE has its problems in that it's overlong and has lots of lulls in the storytelling, but when it soars, it really soars and has incredible creativity that make you forgive for stuff that drags it down. DMC is just a perfect popocorn movie, one of the best of that kind. 

5 people like this

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

this. POTC trilogy is anything but bland yet critics keep giving bland, interchangable, formulaic movies a pass and more than a pass, but POTC:DMC and AWE ended up rotten. AWE has its problems in that it's overlong and has lots of lulls in the storytelling, but when it soars, it really soars and has incredible creativity that make you forgive for stuff that drags it down. DMC is just a perfect popocorn movie, one of the best of that kind. 

OST was bland for sure, though. And rightfully has the lowest RT rating.

1 person likes this

hope if there is a reunion they bring back this theme

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

OST was bland for sure, though. And rightfully has the lowest RT rating.

That's why I didn't mention it. Only Verbinski trilogy. He can shoot a movie like nobody's business. :)

@John Marston Totally. One of the best themes ever. I love all variations. I think that the faster one from Drink Up Me Hearties is my favorite and I also love Up Is Down version and I Don't Think It's the Best Time and At Wit's End.

Edited by Valonqar
1 person likes this

I agree. John Marston mentioned it already. That such a beloved film like PotC is only at 79% (top critics 67% and 6.3/10!) is just not understandable to me.
And that 2&3 - which I also have rewatched now ;) - are „rotten“ is ridiculous. And I'm nobody who automatically says critics have no clue but sometimes they are just wrong. Some said the main mistake of the first one is that it's too long. Then they would have to dislike many classic films. Of course I hope for nice reviews for PotC5 but I will see it either way.

3 people like this

@el sid COTB had such a low top critics? talk about out of touch. That movie's a stone cold adventure classic. Screw them. 79% also way low. 

3 people like this

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

After attending the Hans Zimmer concert last week "Up is Down" is a new favorite. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

"Marry Me", which combines all variations of this theme, is fantastic

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oeK4HMak-q0

Edited by brokenbox
1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Lucas said:

No they really aren't any good. You need to check and compare with other movies. I've never seen a movie go below 50 (which is straaange). Fant4stic has a 50, BvS has a 62, Transformers 4 has a 53, The Boss Baby has a 68. 70/100 is not a particularly great rating on Critics' Choice. You've got to remember that the people averaging Pirates 4 a 32% on RT and 71/100 on Critics' Choice are the same people currently averaging this movie an even lower rating.

Question. When you do a search for a movie and the rating says "Voting in Progress", does that mean it's screening?

3 hours ago, ShakenNotStirred said:

After attending the Hans Zimmer concert last week "Up is Down" is a new favorite. 

Written by Henry Jackman.

Just now, Jay Beezy said:

Question. When you do a search for a movie and the rating says "Voting in Progress", does that mean it's screening?

I don't quite understand why it says "voting in progress" because the only reason I know is that no one has rated it yet, not specifically that it's currently screening. I'm not a big expert on the site but it's a nice way of finding out what the reaction from some critics are before the embargo drops as some of them seem to throw in their ratings before they post their reviews.

8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I don't quite understand why it says "voting in progress" because the only reason I know is that no one has rated it yet, not specifically that it's currently screening. I'm not a big expert on the site but it's a nice way of finding out what the reaction from some critics are before the embargo drops as some of them seem to throw in their ratings before they post their reviews.

Some movies coming out next month don't appear when you search, though.

31 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Some movies coming out next month don't appear when you search, though.

Yeah there are several missing, it's a very inconsistent site. Baby Driver, Guardians 2 etc...

19 hours ago, John Marston said:

doesn't look like Pintel and Ragetti are in it but the two soldiers are credited.

Well that's cool at least then!

I don't remember any negative reactions from the first screening. Some saying it was mediocre but no one trashing it. Will wait for RT on this one. Have a feeling it could be higher then the 60s.

16 hours ago, John Marston said:

One of the only great things to come from AWE. Hopefully we'll hear some rendition of it at the end.

Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, Kalo said:

Keria didn't want to come back because she said the series was too exhausting so only agreed to a cameo which leaked from the set in Australia. Now why Will is missing from all the marketing and posters....yeah you got me. I have no idea.

Edited by somebody85
1 person likes this