Fake

The Amazing Spider-Man OS Thread (413M)

Will never happen, always some of the gross will be stolen :lol:

You really think that Hollywood studio´s just accept that.That was the final note of the last agreement: NO STEALING!!!But "borrowing" IS allowed ;)

If TASM's 3D effects are better than Avatar, I wouldn't be surprised that it would gross more than TF3 in OW and it would gross more than Avatar in total in China.

Reboot? Tens of millions of Chinese audiences don't care about it at all.

To most Chinese audiences, IMAX + native 3D > Reboot.

Edited by SentryTrans

If TASM's 3D effects is better than Avatar, I wouldn't be surprised that it would gross more than TF3 in OW and it would gross more than Avatar in total in China.

Reboot? Tens of millions of Chinese audiences don't care about it at all.

To most Chinese audiences, IMAX + native 3D > Reboot.

Most european countries won´t care either i think

The admissions of TASM in european countries might decline, but it should be higher than TF3 at least.

Agree.. admissions could decline a bit...But grosses should ve around thë same

Don't get the logic behind 700M+ predicts. TASM is a reboot, not a direct sequel to SM3, so this should limit its potential. And it only has one week before it will be trumped by Ace Age 4 in many markets, and then comes the Batman movie.575M

Don't get the logic behind 700M+ predicts. TASM is a reboot, not a direct sequel to SM3, so this should limit its potential. And it only has one week before it will be trumped by Ace Age 4 in many markets, and then comes the Batman movie.575M

Asia. China will be a big contributor to its gross.Ice Age 4 won't affect Amazing Spider-Man too much (especially in Asia except for China). They'll both co-exist with each other before Batman comes out.

It can gross 100M in China, but does it have the potential to set OW records across Asia? Pirates 4 barely improved on AWE despite 3D and 4 years of market expansion. I think it may be a good comparison for Spider Man.

It can gross 100M in China, but does it have the potential to set OW records across Asia? Pirates 4 barely improved on AWE despite 3D and 4 years of market expansion. I think it may be a good comparison for Spider Man.

It's possible, yes. Spider-Man 3 either set new OW records or was close to breaking them in a lot of Asian territories. I think it really does have the potential to come extremely close to Transformers 3's OW records around Asia because it's the first to come out of the big 3 (Spider-Man, Ice Age 4, The Dark Knight Rises). Viewers will want to see a blockbuster film on the big screen and 3D prices will jack up the OW as well. Before Transformers 3 broke numerous records in Asia, Spider-Man 3 actually held quite a few records in several Asian territories (biggest film in the Philippines for 4 years; OD record in Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore).Amazing Spider-Man is very clearly Asian territory. We love our superheros. ;)If you are not convinced, just look at John Carter's OW. Without 3D, this would have flopped around Asia. Instead, this grosses:China - 14,000,000Hong Kong - $917,000Malaysia - $1,574,000Philippines - $823,000Singapore - $868,000South Korea - $3,002,000Those are all pretty good grosses for a movie about Mars. It also shows how an empty marketplace can translate to a huge OW. Amazing Spider-Man will be the 1st major contender of the summer and won't be hampered too much by competition (It has to deal with GI Joe 2's 3rd weekend). In my opinion, Amazing Spider-Man should quadruple these John Carter OW grosses. Edited by Bluebomb

Pirates 4 I believe stayed pretty flat in most European countries to Pirates 3 (except the UK but that is expected because the UK box office isn't as strong as it was before.). Though that is a straight sequel so it might be hard to compare

It's not that it isn't as strong, last year was actually one of the highest attended of the 21st century. It's the exchange rate. In 2007 it was like $2 to every pound. Now it's only like $1.5-1.6 to every pound. Makes a HUGE difference.