Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

How are they gonna explain Venom's Spidey like powers and appearance without Spidey's presence?

I realized this moments after I made that post, tbh. Then I just shut up.

You are completely correct. Venom was inadvertently created by Peter Parker, and Carnage by Eddie Brock. Maybe Spider-Man could be referenced, but that's not the same as actually having him on board.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

I realized this moments after I made that post, tbh. Then I just shut up.

You are completely correct. Venom was inadvertently created by Peter Parker, and Carnage by Eddie Brock. Maybe Spider-Man could be referenced, but that's not the same as actually having him on board.

They could either come up with a new origin that has connections with a spider or will reference spider-man hoping folks will quickly get him out of their heads as they get involved in the movie.

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1639410/why-a-venom-movie-without-spider-man-ties-wont-work

So even though a symbiote-powered host can be physically enhanced and shape-shift, Venom can't rock abilities like wall-crawling and the Spider-sense without having been latched on to Spider-Man for a long time. Sure the Venom movie could come up with an alternative reason for why a symbiote-powered host has arachnid-themed powers, but it just won't work as well.

Edited by a2knet

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exclusive-kevin-feige-talks-spidey-s-future-studio-collaborations-220

Feige interview after the video interview with Pascal and Fiege.

Right now, Spidey is in the MCU and it's just Spidey. Civil War, Homecoming, we've already shot a lot of Tom Holland's scenes in the upcoming Avengers films, and we're just starting to solidify our plans for Homecoming 2 - we won't call it that, whatever it is - which is exciting because it'll be the first MCU movie after untitled Avengers in 2019. It'll be the way Civil War informed everything in Homecoming, those movies will launch him off into a very new cinematic universe at that point. Those five movies are we're focusing on. 

They have rights to other characters, and I think they're being very smart in saying 'We have to make a great Venom movie.' They're off to a good start hiring Tom Hardy.

:jeb!:

Edited by DMan7
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cheesypoofs said:

In my opinion, yes.. It does. That's kinda how venom becomes venom lol

I'm pretty sick of origin stories though. I can live without that being explained. 
Just let him be bad ass from the start and then he meets an even more bad assier (carnage).
And then we have some creative action scenes. Studios should stop rebooting and tell origin stories all the time. It's just plain lazy :) lol

Not a big fan of Sin City (2005) but that one should be the blueprint for these kind of movies nowadays. Lots of characters who just are what they are without much further detail on why that is. 

3 hours ago, NoobSaibot said:

Jesus. Did these clowns learn nothing from Batman v. Superman or Spider-Man 3? They're cramming too many character into one movie. Not a good support for your hypothetical tentpole series, Sony.

It does seem to be a bit too ambitious, that's true.

7 hours ago, NoobSaibot said:

Jesus. Did these clowns learn nothing from Batman v. Superman or Spider-Man 3? They're cramming too many character into one movie. Not a good support for your hypothetical tentpole series, Sony.

I'm not surprised. Amazing Spiderman 2 also had way too much shit crammed into it. Looks like Sony learned nothing from their past mistakes. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NoobSaibot said:

You must have hated Avengers.

20 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Summary of the rumors in that article:

• ...the upcoming fim...might feature a second Venom host. 
  • While Eddie Brock (Tom Hardy) is set to be the film's protagonist, the rumor suggests that Ann Weying will appear as the symbiote's second host. Ann is best known in the comics as Eddie's ex-wife, who later goes on to adopt the symbiote, as well as the alter-ego She-Venom.
  • According to the same report, the film will possibly draw from Marvel's Ultimate universe, in which the organism was created by Eddie and Peter Parker's fathers.
  • Peter's father, Richard, has never been shown onscreen, meaning that Venom could include a scene of Richard and Eddie's father collaborating on the symbiote.
  • This could create a loose enough continuity to keep the films separate - but could also provide a small link between the two properties, if they were to eventually connect.

I like the rumor about the symiote source. Venom having a non-Peter source of symbiote is apt. Folks won't wonder what SM is doing while watching the movie. Also if they show Peter's father involved then it keeps the link alive. 

Am unsure about She-Venom. If She-Venom is added because WONDR succeeded (and Quinn before that was a big element of SS's marketing) then she might take away from Venom's characterization and just be clutter. If done sincerely then am all eyes and ears.