TheMovieman

What DVDs Have You Purchased/Received Recently?

Got a bunch of Echo Bridge bargain titles (mostly previously released by Miramax):Buffalo SoldiersThe HoaxHoly Smoke!NeverwasThe Night We Never MetRogue TraderAlso got a movie called Coming & Going with a great looking Sasha Alexander on the cover...

Yeah I haven't bought a dvd in a long time. The last dvd I got was a gift. It was the Friday the 13th collector's set with hockey mask. They didn't release in blu ray or that is the format I would have received instead.

Yeah, sucks Paramount didn't release the rest on Blu-ray. I also have that set as well as 1-3 on Blu-ray.

Yeah I wish the set was in blu ray and a little more special features. I kept looking at it and kept putting it back down partially due to it not being in blu ray. So my friend decided to get it for me for Christmas since she knew I really wanted it.

The only DVD's I buy these days are stuff like American Dad! and 30 Rock, mainly as they don't release them on BD here.

Yeah, I think tv show seasons are the last things I will be in dvd. Until the the point where the show was actually being shown in HD, then I will do blu rays for them too.

The problem there is (and this pisses me off) that some studios (*cough* Fox and Paramount *cough*) will release one or two seasons on Blu-ray but then drop it (probably due to poor sales). Right now I have Burn Notice Season 1 on DVD, Season 2 on BD and Season 3 on DVD. Simiarly I have White Collar Season 1 on BD but Season 2 DVD. For Paramount they released CSI on Blu-ray for Season 1 (thankfully as the DVD is awful) and IIRC season 9 but since it's been DVD only releases.

The problem there is (and this pisses me off) that some studios (*cough* Fox and Paramount *cough*) will release one or two seasons on Blu-ray but then drop it (probably due to poor sales). Right now I have Burn Notice Season 1 on DVD, Season 2 on BD and Season 3 on DVD. Simiarly I have White Collar Season 1 on BD but Season 2 DVD. For Paramount they released CSI on Blu-ray for Season 1 (thankfully as the DVD is awful) and IIRC season 9 but since it's been DVD only releases.

yeah I hate when they stop releasing the seasons on either dvd or blu ray. I mean who wants to buy just 2 seasons of say a 6 season show?