Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

Wonder Woman

Cinema World, Massachusetts

June 1st, 7:15, 100% full

Trailer

That 30 second teaser for the documentary about the creation of Wonder Woman

Justice League (murmurs when Wonder Woman showed up on the screen. Multiple yeyeahed in time with Aquaman)

Valerian and the Bomb of a Thousand Planets

Spider-Man Homecoming

Rough Night (A family left during the trailer and came back when it ended)

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (murmurs)

Dunkirk

Thor Ragnarok

It (Murmurs)

Double the usual amount of trailers today

Applause at the end. Aws at young Diana. Laughs at a certain moment in the third act. Clapping at the end.

Edited by Robertman2 & Knuckles
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, That Covfefe Guy said:

Huh?  Blanks literally said his crowd report was from Indiana.

Didn't read that, and yet I still assumed it was in the US. Also, now I know you're American since you assume we should know what Portage IN means :P

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BoilingHotCoffee said:

WONDER WOMAN

AMC Rolling Hills 20

June 1, 10:10PM

182 Seat IMAX Auditorium

71 Seats Filled(40%)

Trailers: 

Spider-man: Homecoming

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

The Mummy

Transformers: The Last Knight

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

I got the same trailers, zero reaction to all. The show was almost sold out. crowd ate it up. Heard enthusiastic comments at the exit. There was a line-up waiting for the next show.

Edited by Valonqar

Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie

12:40 PM

NW FL

About 45% full. Far more than I thought.

Prologue: I got to the theater before they opened and soon a crowd of older people swarmed around me...they were fucking pumped for Wonder Woman. One dude banged on the door. I spoke with an older couple about how AMC brought out our Carmikes and did nothing with them.

Okay, Trailers:

A 15 second one for Cars 3. Kind of weird.

Ferdinand and since it took me 24 hours to remember it, it wasn't that important.

Step - One kid went "Wow!"

The Emoji Movie - a bit of laughter

The Lego Ninjago Movie - The kid next to me started singing Bad Blood.

Despicable Me 3 - one kid yelled "WHAT WAS THAT?" which, same.

The Nut Job 2: Nutty By Nature - No response.

What a weird crowd. The kids were mostly well behaved, and the adults seemed to be enjoying it, but there were people in the front who kept checking their phones like every 10 minutes. I know it's a super super juvenile movie but turn your brightness down maybe? Be respectful? Someone even came in about twenty minutes late and turned their flashlight on, I legit went "Turn that off!" which is not respectful but I was kind of fed up at that point.

Edited by Morieris
whoops
  • Like 2

WONDER WOMAN

10:00 am, ~55% Full

No reaction but doesn't mean much, only once I can remember applause afterward (300 and that was on a Friday night)

Trailers:

Blade Runner 2046

The Glass House

Murder on the Orient Express (heard a bit of chatter)

Really boring selection.

Edited by TheMovieman

WONDER WOMAN

4:30pm 50% full

Trailers:

The Mummy Regal Cinemas featurette

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Regal Cinemas featurette

47 Meters Down (laughs)

The Glass Castle (no reaction)

Transformers: The Last Knight (no reaction)

Atomic Blonde (murmurs)

The Mountain Between Us (murmurs)

Justice League (murmurs)

Blade Runner (no reaction)

Weird selection of trailers. 

Anyways the crowd laughed at appropriate times and clapped at the end. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. 

Wonder Woman

June 2, 6:20 PM, 90% full

Alamo Drafthouse One Loudoun, VA

Trailers

Dunkirk (newest trailer)

Justice League (trailer #1, laughs)

Baby Driver (trailer #1)

The crowd was very responsive. Tons of laughing throughout, and some cheering and laughing. Applause at the end. Very good time. As for the movie itself, I absolutely loved it. It blows all of the other DCEU movies out of the water. Amazing action sequences, fantastic acting, good story, great characters, and the humor barely fell flat. As for problems, I thought the CGI wasn't all that good and believable at points. Also there is no tension when Diana (Wonder Woman) was in danger, because you know she is going to be in other movies. This isn't necessarily a flaw however so I guess it doesn't really count, but it made situations that she was in predictable. Other than that, this movie was absolutely phenomenal. Best movie in the DCEU by far, and my 2nd favorite superhero so far this year behind Logan. My Rating: 4.5/5

• Like 3

Alien

June 2th, 8:00PM, 25% full

Trailers:

Blade Runner 2049

War for the Planet of the Apes

Justice League

STILL NO RAGNAROK GOD DAMN ITTTTTTT

Group next to me left once they realised it wasn't Alien: Covenant. Probably one of the worst decisions I've seen someone make in a movie theatre. Audience skewed pretty old bar me and my friend. Lots of talk about how great that movie was once it ended.

• Like 1

Wonder Woman in Cinemark XD

June 2, 8:00 PM, 90% full

Cinemark Towson and XD, Towson, MD

Trailers:

Cars 3 Cinemark Connections ad

Despicable Me 3 Cinemark ad

Atomic Blonde (re-edited version of newest trailer with some new footage, murmurs)

Spider-Man: Homecoming (newest trailer, laughs, murmurs)

Transformers: The Last Knight (newest trailer, also fuck this trailer, oh yeah murmurs too)

Murder on the Orient Express (mom said she really wants to see it)

Thor: Ragnarok (laughs)

Dunkirk (newest trailer, chatter)

Justice League (chatter)

Lots of laughs throughout the movie.  A guy next to me had a cold (probablyyyy shouldn't go to the movies if you're sniffling every five seconds).  A few people clapped at some of the big action beats.  Everyone applauded at the end.  Walking out, people seemed to really enjoy it.  Me and my mom both loved it.

Wonder Woman

June 1st, 7:45 PM, 35% full

Marquee Cinemas Southridge 12 | Charleston, WV

Nobody was particularly responsive to the trailers.

Trailers

Cars 3

The Mummy <---Currently the most common trailer I've seen in theaters so far this year.

Thor: Ragnarok

Justice League

The Glass Castle

There was laughter during appropriate moments. I think this was just a typical movie-going audience that wanted to sit quietly and be entertained, because everyone had positive things to say once the movie was finished.

Edited by NoobSaibot
  • Like 1

Wonder Woman

2:30 PM

About 80% full

Trailers:

Rough Night (dang this looks terrible-there were some laughs though)

Justice League (looks decent, but trying not to get my hopes too high)

Spider-Man Homecoming (laughs)

Thor 3 (THIRD time I've seen this trailer in less then a month-always has a positive reaction though)

(Finally no Mummy or Apes trailer)

Movie: Very good, the best DCU film! (Wait that tells you nothing) Anyway the film was well made and the film was actually quite comical at times-something the other DCU films have been missing. This is currently probably my 2nd favorite film of the year behind Galaxy 2 (although I might of liked Kong more, I'll tell you later)
A-

• Like 1

Wonder Woman

June 3, 4:25 PM, 90% full in a ~230 seat auditorium

Barnstorm Theater

Trailers:

Transformers: The Last Knight: Chuckes at that fucking shitty ass Wahlberg STEY AWAY FROM A BOY IN A BAND! "joke"

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets: No reactions

Star Wars: The Last Jedi: No reactions

Justice League: No reactions

The Mummy: No reactions

Some jokes got laughs from a portion of the audience. Applause was attempted at the end but never gained traction. 

Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie

June 3, 6:45 PM, 80% full

Cinemark Towson and XD, Towson, MD

Trailers:

Cars 3 Cinemark Connections ad

Cars 3 (newest trailer, chatter)

Step (murmurs)

The Lego Ninjago Movie (laughs, chatter)

The Emoji Movie (newest trailer, got some chuckles but the chatter after the movie was audibly negative)

My Little Pony: The Movie (someone said "that looks like the best movie ever!" and the kid next to me was visibly disgusted by the thought of such a thing)

Despicable Me 3 (started with a tickets on sale ad before the trailer that got some laughs and "ews" at a joke, the trailer itself also got laughs and chatter)

Ferdinand (someone laughed really hard when John Cena's name appeared on screen, general laughs too)

There was a lot of laughter throughout the movie.  Many people seemed to really enjoy it.  A few people said something along the lines of "that's gross" during a few scenes too.  People weirdly clapped at the 20th Century Fox logo for some reason, as well as at the end of the movie.  People stayed for the mid-credits scene too.  My mom really liked it, as did I.

• Like 2

On 6/2/2017 at 9:25 PM, aabattery said:

Alien

June 2th, 8:00PM, 25% full

Trailers:

Blade Runner 2049

War for the Planet of the Apes

Justice League

STILL NO RAGNAROK GOD DAMN ITTTTTTT

Group next to me left once they realised it wasn't Alien: Covenant. Probably one of the worst decisions I've seen someone make in a movie theatre. Audience skewed pretty old bar me and my friend. Lots of talk about how great that movie was once it ended.

I want to let you know that I got 4 trailers at Wonder Woman today.

Transformers: The Last Knight (of course), Dunkirk (Yay Nolan), Spider-Man: Homecoming (The spoiler filled one), and....Thor: Ragnarok (YESSSSSSS)

9 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I want to let you know that I got 4 trailers at Wonder Woman today.

Transformers: The Last Knight (of course), Dunkirk (Yay Nolan), Spider-Man: Homecoming (The spoiler filled one), and....Thor: Ragnarok (YESSSSSSS)

owg650r.gif

Transformers and The Mummy are on their way out, so hopefully they'll finally give the people what they want.

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 2