Premium and Gold members please go to this thread:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24403-paid-perks/

Copper and Silver Accounts please PM me if you have paid past August 1st and care about the "Custom Avatar" (or really larger avatar) perk.

Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

Morieris    867

War For the Planet of the Apes

Trailers

The Shape of Water (Which I thought looked pretty cool at first but the further it went on I went "Oh I see what we're doing.". I'll still check it out)

Blade Runner 2049 (I have no idea, I went to the bathroom here)

Kingsman The Golden Circle 

American Made

American Assassin

The Last Jedi (Someone said "Star Wars!")

The Dark Tower

Quite a lot of laughter at points. One point near the end got a laugh but it quickly stopped when the scene kept going.

GrimFandango    261

War For the Planet of the Apes Real3D

Colorado

Paid $8 for reserved seat; recliners

50% occupied

Trailers

Missed most because I had reserved seating and arrived late:

The Last Jedi

Valerian 3D

Pretty quiet audience. Some laughter at appropriate times. No reaction at end.

Edited by GrimFandango

GrimFandango    261

Wonder Woman

Colorado

$10 ticket, reserved seating with recliners

Afternoon show, 80% full

Trailers

Reserved seating--I arrived exactly as the movie started

Audience was fairly into it, a lady next to me was really into it: she was fist-pumping during Wonder Woman's fight scenes. I asked her at the end if she liked the movie, and she said she loved it. Elderly guy next to her said he liked it too. I swear I've seen more elderly audience members at WW showings than any other movie.

One concession worker said next weekend would be the last showing for WW, but another worker said no way, it's still real popular...? I hope they don't pull it from my local theater yet, I might want to see it again. Plus it seems to me if it's still getting a pretty full screening on a Sunday afternoon, it's still going to make the theater money, so why would they give that up if they don't have to?

Edited by GrimFandango

WrathOfHan    27,090
15 hours ago, GrimFandango said:

Wonder Woman

Colorado

$10 ticket, reserved seating with recliners

Afternoon show, 80% full

Trailers

Reserved seating--I arrived exactly as the movie started

Audience was fairly into it, a lady next to me was really into it: she was fist-pumping during Wonder Woman's fight scenes. I asked her at the end if she liked the movie, and she said she loved it. Elderly guy next to her said he liked it too. I swear I've seen more elderly audience members at WW showings than any other movie.

One concession worker said next weekend would be the last showing for WW, but another worker said no way, it's still real popular...? I hope they don't pull it from my local theater yet, I might want to see it again. Plus it seems to me if it's still getting a pretty full screening on a Sunday afternoon, it's still going to make the theater money, so why would they give that up if they don't have to?

Because they need to make room for newer movies. This happens often. At this point, people have had a month and a half to see WW. It's going to start shedding midsize theaters soon.

aabattery    16,016

Dunkirk

July 18th, 7:00PM, 85% full

Trailers:.

(Friend got caught in traffic so entered the theatre a tad late)

Baby Driver

Everyone broke into applause, screaming "HAIL NOLAN" once the credits rolled. It got louder and louder until the building started shaking. The entire shopping centre joined in. A parade started down the street. Christopher Nolan himself floated down from his cloud castle and greeted us all individually and thanked us for enjoying the film. He was very humble but he joined in with the festivities and basked in his own glory.

Good time had by all.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Morieris    867

I couldn't even write this post at first I was laughing so hard.

Valerian and The City of A Thousand Planets 

5 PM showing.

There was me and four other people, which is actually more than I expected and less than was in A Monster Calls in January on a discount Tuesday. Go figure.

Trailers

Pitch Perfect 3 (That obesity joke gets a round of laughter every time)
Geostorm (the new one)

Kingsman the Golden Circle (I've not seen the first one but I do quite like this one. How it's edited and the music choice. Just thought I'd say it.)

The Hitman's Bodyguard 

Logan Lucky (a few laughs)

People laughed out loud a few times near the end but it was pretty quiet overall.

afalconer7    40

Dunkirk

July 20th, 7:00 PM, 80% full in largest auditorium 

Regal Dulles Town Center 10, VA

Trailers

Justice League

Geostorm

Murder on the Orient Express

The Foreigner

An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power

Only the Brave

Good Time

Reactions

Hardly any reaction besides some gasps at certain points. A lot of people said they loved it when they walked out.

The Film

Pure perfection. Not your typical war movie and no scene with soldiers talking about how they want to get home to their wives and children. This is beautifully shot, suspenseful, intense, engaging, masterfully directed, well acted and has a kick ass soundtrack. This is my favorite movie of the year so far and I'm sure it will stay like that for a while. Hail Nolan! 10/10.

Edited by afalconer7

langer    1,322
51 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I couldn't even write this post at first I was laughing so hard.

Valerian and The City of A Thousand Planets 

5 PM showing.

There was me and four other people, which is actually more than I expected and less than was in A Monster Calls in January on a discount Tuesday. Go figure.

Trailers

Pitch Perfect 3 (That obesity joke gets a round of laughter every time)
Geostorm (the new one)

Kingsman the Golden Circle (I've not seen the first one but I do quite like this one. How it's edited and the music choice. Just thought I'd say it.)

The Hitman's Bodyguard 

Logan Lucky (a few laughs)

People laughed out loud a few times near the end but it was pretty quiet overall.

I also went to a 5pm showing.  There were 4 people in total for the 3D showing.  2 people left because of technical issues (movie started late).

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets 3D

July 20, 8:15 PM, 40% full

AMC Loews White Marsh 16, White Marsh, MD

Trailers:

Logan Lucky (murmurs)

Daddy's Home 2 (small laughs, murmurs)

Pitch Perfect 3 (small laughs)

The Dark Tower (murmurs)

Kingsman: The Golden Circle (murmurs)

Geostorm

A Wrinkle in Time 3D (murmurs)

Laughs throughout the movie.  There was an "ooh" in one scene.  Applause at the end too.

WrathOfHan    27,090

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets 3D

July 21, 1:30 PM, 30% full in a 230 seat auditorium

Barnstorm Theater

Trailers:

Kidnap: Murmurs

A Ghost Story: No reactions

Blade Runner 2049: Murmurs

A Wrinkle in Time 3D: Murmurs about both the film and lack of 3D. The 3D was not working for the remaining trailers, which caused a lot of people to be confused and get management.

Black Panther 3D: ^

Thor: Ragnarok 3D: ^^

The film got past the studio logos and about ten seconds of the prologue before the theater paused the film. The screen went black for 2-3 minutes and the film was restarted. The audience was pretty silent throughout the film save for chuckles at a couple jokes.

• Sad 1